I’m a Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) based in Saint Petersburg, Florida, with over twenty years of experience in software development. I’ve worked in a variety of industries, including publishing, financial services, auditing, information technology security, sportswear, and insurance.
When I’m not teaching and coaching Scrum, I enjoy writing crime fiction, travel, and reading.
Some of my speaking engagements have included:
- The Values that Power Scrum, Tampa Bay Scrum Masters Guild
- Why Scrum? Tampa Bay Scrum Masters Guild
- Building Relationships for Healthy Conflict, Global Online PMDay 2021 Autumn
- Coaching Around Resistance by Using Humble Inquiry, Agile + DevOps East 2018, Orlando, FL
- Coaching Around Resistance, Path to Agility 2018, Columbus, OH
- From Blank Canvas to Product Vision. Tampa Bay Agile, March 2018, Tampa, FL.
- Coaching Around Resistance. Coaching Agile Journeys, January 2018 (online)
- Impostor Syndrome: The Flip Side of the Dunning-Kruger Effect. Agile 2017, Atlanta, GA
Want to know how I can help you? Send a message!
Courses taught by Sam
Latest Blogs by SamSee all blogs
The 2020 version of the Scrum Guide dropped the classic “three questions” of the Daily Scrum. Yet many teams stick with the practice, even when it doesn’t produce the collaboration that is the hallmark of a valuable Daily Scrum. When a Scrum Team I worked with said that their Daily Scrum was lackluster and unproductive, I challenged them to design a better one. The new pattern we created shifted the focus from individual action to team collaboration toward the Sprint Goal.
Oct 20, 2021
Professional Scrum Trainer
Professional Scrum Master I
Professional Scrum Master II
Professional Scrum Master III
Professional Scrum Product Owner I
Professional Scrum Product Owner II
Professional Scrum Product Owner III
Scaled Professional Scrum
Professional Agile Leadership - Evidence-Based Management
Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills
Classes Attended by Sam
Professional Scrum Master
Trainers: Stephanie Ockerman, Hiren Doshi
Partner: Agile Socks
Date: Apr 29-30, 2019