Are there Technical Recommendations for Attempting a Professional-Level Assessment?
For system requirements, please see this support article.
Please kindly take the following notes into consideration before starting your assessment in order to reduce the possibility of any technical difficulties occurring:
- Please try your attempt from a home or personal computer, and not a shared company-wide network. Banks, governmental institutions, and other private organizations that deal with sensitive information tend to have elevated security (privacy, firewall, etc.) settings that conflict or interfere with your assessment session.
Similar connectivity issues have been reported when using a proxy or IP mask. Before starting the assessment, please check your advanced network settings, and ensure the auto proxy option is disabled.
- Please try to ensure a secure internet connection is present before beginning your next assessment session. Even with a secure connection, please bear in mind that normal loading time for assessment questions can take up to 10 seconds.
Users in international locations sometimes experience some latency in loading assessment questions. While you may have a solid/fast connection, there are fewer hops for your ISP to load a page from your country versus a page from one of our testing platform's data centers on the east and west coasts of the United States. It will take some time for the intermediary networks and ISPs to assemble the data packets and display a page. It is important to keep in mind that "the chain is only as strong as its weakest link," and it may take a few extra seconds for the pages to load because of this.
- Please reduce the number of tabs and programs/applications that you have running before starting the assessment session to ensure your system's resources are not slowing down the assessment.
- Please check your browser version We recommend using the latest version of your internet browser. Outdated versions have been shown to cause issues with the assessment.
If you do encounter technical issues, your answers are saved as you submit each one, not at the end of the assessment. This means you will not lose any work. Here are some troubleshooting steps:
- If your assessment page freezes, you can always click refresh on your web browser and the assessment will reload on the same question you were on.
- If your computer or web browser has a problem, using the same web browser, go to the start link for the assessment, and you should be taken back to the last question you were on.
- If your internet goes down or if you are otherwise disconnected from your assessment session, please reach out to us. We will be able to reopen your session with the same amount of time remaining. Please simply write to email@example.com with your issue, and we will be happy to assist you.