Using the Google Translate Plug-in to Take Assessments
Many of our assessment takers have been successful in using the Google Translate plug-in to take the test in their native languages. Here are some directions to help you:
Configuring the chrome plug-in for Google translate
You need to install the Google Translate Plug-in Extension for chrome. There are 2 ways to do this.
Option 1: Install the plug-in through the chrome store
- Navigate directly to the plug-in within the chrome web store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb?hl=en
- Click the Add to chrome button to install the plug-in
Option 2: Install the plug-in through the menus in chrome
- Click the Settings button
- Select "More Tools"
- Select "Extensions"
- Search for "Google Translate"
- Click the Add to Chrome button
Whether you chose Option 1 or Option 2 you should see the following icon on your chrome window on the upper right side
How to take an assessment and enable translation during the test
- Go to the Start Page for your assessment on Scrum.org. A link is contained in your password e-mail or you can navigate to the assessment from here.
- Enter your assessment passcode and click "Start".
- You will see the start page of the assessment with a summary and instructions. Proceed through the next couple of screens until you see your first question displayed.
- Very important: Now that you see your first question you can enable the Google Translate plug-in and it will remain enabled throughout the rest of the assessment. *If you enable the plug-in on any of the screens before the first question you will need to enable it again after seeing the first question.
- Click the Translate Icon on your toolbar
- Click "Translate this Page"
- The Translate Toolbar will now appear. Select the language that you wish to use.
- The questions are now being translated and you can proceed through the assessment as normal.
Helpful Tip! You can hover your pointer over the text on the screen to see the original question/answer in English. We recognize not all translations will be perfect and seeing the original text may be helpful.