Forums

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. If you have left the first and last name fields blank on your member profile, your email address will be displayed instead.

All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Velocity
Last Post 08 Sep 2014 04:05 AM by Alper Gurbuz. 3 Replies.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
danouche
danouche

--
09 Jun 2014 11:33 AM
    i should stop reading on the subject, the more i read the less i know. some contradictory info is now making me doubt in my basic logic capacities :P

is anything false here?

1- velocity is used by dev team to estimate how much work they can add in a Sprint backlog
    2- the only purpose of velocity is to help p.o. make forecast (!!!)
    3- velocity is updated by anyone that sees it needs to be updated
    4- velocity of a spi can only be accounted for when the spi is done (which is the same as 'when the po considers it done'

(i find #2 to be a little extreme, by saying that its the "only" purpose.. but i can see how it can be useful to the po)

thanks!
    Ludwig Harsch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ludwig  Harsch

--
    10 Jun 2014 09:24 AM
    2 is false, because of 1.
    3 is phrased misleading. Of course it has to be "anyone" from the Scrum Team.
    What is a spi?
    Ian Mitchell
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Ian Mitchell

--
    11 Jun 2014 10:27 AM
    I think Danouche means PSI, or Potentially Shippable Increment
    Alper Gurbuz
    Alper Gurbuz

--
    08 Sep 2014 04:05 AM
    2 seems false.
    Not sure whether 3 is true though. PO is responsible for tracking the product performance as clearly stated in scrum guide.
    I can imagine potential conflict between the dev team and PO when ticking a PBI as done.
    Since velocity should only account the done PBIs, it falls into PO's area.
    I think to avoid any conflicts most sensible approach would be the PO to update the velocity during or just after the review meetings.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Feedback