Professional Scrum Training
The Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) course is a 2-day course that teaches Scrum by experiencing what it’s like to build software using the Scrum framework. Working in a series of Sprints, students break into Scrum Teams fulfilling all of the roles on a team to build a software application, simulating real-life problems.
The Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course is a 2-day course where students learn how to use Scrum to optimize value, productivity and the total cost of ownership of software products. Tools are provided to enable students to relate to behavioral shifts, work with people and teams, coach and facilitate techniques, and address the organization.
The Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) course is a 2-day course on how to maximize the value of software products and systems. Product Owners need to have a concrete understanding of everything that drives value from their products where students learn through instruction and team-based exercises.
The Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) course is a 3-day course that teaches all members of the Development Team how to create high quality software using the Scrum framework. Working in a series of Sprints, teams of students collaborate, apply modern engineering practices, and use the Scrum framework to cope with changes.
The Scaled Professional Scrum™ (SPS) with Nexus Workshop is a 2-day course that teaches anyone involved with formulating, managing, and participating in scaled Scrum product development. In the workshop, students will use a hands-on case study to learn about Nexus and over 50 practices to reduce dependencies at scale.
Improve Your Capabilities as a Professional
Scrum.org provides the highest quality Scrum training, training materials and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them. Our training materials are created and maintained by Scrum co-creator Ken Schwaber, Scrum.org and the PST community members who teach the courses, helping to ensure that they are in tune with what’s happening in software development organizations and always up-to-date with the latest practices.
Professional Scrum Trainers
Professional Scrum Trainers bring their own style and experience to the courses, but use the same materials so that students are learning from the same content regardless of who teaches the course or where it is taught around the world. The result is a tremendously mature and capable set of training materials combined with Scrum experts who work together to realize our shared mission of improving the profession of software development.
Certification and Assessments
Each class includes a free attempt at the corresponding certification assessment. The assessments are decoupled from the classes and delivered in an electronic form. The decoupling of assessments from training not only ensures an objective measurement for the student, it also allows students to be assessed on their incoming knowledge and experience, and allows Scrum.org to gather feedback to fine tune training materials and their delivery.
What Makes Scrum.org Training Different?
- Consistent - Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) bring their own style and experiences with a consistent delivery of Scrum.org training around the world, so you know each course we teach is aligned with Scrum, and all of your teammates are learning from the same message.
- Global - Scrum.org 170+ Professional Scrum Trainers are spread globally around the world.
- Quality - Scrum.org PSTs are a select group of Scrum experts who go through an extensive set of peer reviews, testing, training, and interviews prior to being accepted as a PST. Each individual PST must be certified and licensed to teach Scrum.org training. All trainers do more than teach, they spend time on Scrum Teams so that they bring experience to their teaching and understand how to deal with situations in the real-world.
- Experienced - Professional Scrum Trainers bring current software development practices and real-world Scrum experience to the classroom, as PSTs spend a significant amount of their time working on software projects. All PSTs must stay up-to-date through annual face-to-face trainer meetings and support of the community.
- Innovative - All training materials are collaboratively maintained and improved by our community of Scrum experts and our founder Ken Schwaber, the co-creator of Scrum.
- Certification - All training classes come with the globally recognized Professional Scrum assessment attempt.
- Focused - Scrum.org training classes focus on delivering software and all exercises are designed around how a Scrum Team works to deliver that software.
- Forever - Professional Scrum certifications are yours for live with no renewal costs to retain them.
PMI Course Credit
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), or Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) course and 21 PDUs after attending a three-day Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) course. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI's "Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.