Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills™ Certification
Prove Your Knowledge of Facilitation Skills
The Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills™ (PSFS) assessment is available to students who have participated in a Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills™ class*. Earning the PSFS assessment means that the certification holder has demonstrated an understanding on how to harness facilitation principles, skills and techniques, and how effective facilitation can help teams move forward toward their desired outcomes. This includes leveraging diverse perspectives within a team while working within different team dynamics to improve collaboration and participatory decision making, whether applied to Scrum events or other interactions.
*At this time, only Students attending the PSFS training course have the ability to take the PSFS certification assessment. Scrum.org will evaluate whether or not to make the assessment available in the future to those who have not taken the course.
Prepare for the Assessment
Prior certification from Scrum.org is not required; however, knowledge of the core tenets of Scrum is necessary to achieve a passing score. The assessment covers topics from the Facilitation focus area of the Professional Scrum Competencies. Reading the Scrum Guide and taking one look through the course alone isn't typically enough preparation and we recommend reviewing the content below:
- Review the material that was provided by the Professional Scrum Trainer that taught your PSFS class.
- Reacquaint yourself with the Scrum Guide as it pertains to the outcomes of Scrum events.
- Review the material suggested on the PSFS Suggested Resources page.
- Read more about Facilitation on Scrum.org.
All of our assessments are in English, many test takers successfully use the Google Translate Plugin to take the assessment. Here is a support article to help you.
Accommodations for Physical or Intellectual Disabilities
We take these considerations very seriously, and examine each case individually. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your circumstances and we can advise you on next steps.
To protect the integrity of the certification process, Scrum.org does not share information about the specific questions that were answered correctly or incorrectly. Learn More
Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills™ Certification Details
- Fee: N/A - Only available to students of the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills training
- Passing score: 85%
- Time limit: 30 minutes
- Number of Questions: 20
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Difficulty: Intermediate (Prior knowledge of Scrum or PSM I strongly encouraged)
- Language: English only
- Free Credly digital credential included
- Required course: Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills (PSFS)
- Preparation: PSFS Assessment Suggested Resources
- Ways to Learn More to help you prepare
- Passwords have no expiration date, but are valid for one attempt only
All Students in a PSFS course are emailed a password upon completion of the course (typically within 3-5 business days).**
If you pass the PSFS assessment you will receive the industry-recognized "PSFS" certification, along with a PSFS badge that you can use to identify your achievement. In addition, your name will be posted publicly for colleagues, managers, and potential employers to see.
Unlike other Scrum certifications that require only class attendance, Scrum.org certification requires a minimum score on an online assessment. Attending a course (with the exception of the PSFS) is neither required nor sufficient for certification. This gives Scrum.org certification teeth and ensures that it has true value in the marketplace.