Professional Agile Leadership Essentials Training
Helping Leaders Understand their Role in Enabling Agile Transformation
Professional Agile LeadershipTM (PAL) Essentials is a modular workshop, adaptable up to 2-days in length based on the needs of your organization. The workshop provides a foundation for the role that leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful agile transformation. Leaders and managers are critical enablers in helping their organizations be successful, yet the role of leaders and managers in an agile organization can be quite different from what they are used to. This workshop uses a combination of instruction and team-based exercises to help participants learn how to form and support agile teams to achieve better results, and how to lead the cultural and behavioral changes that organizations must make to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach.
Becoming an agile organization is a profound transformation that requires senior leaders, middle managers, and agile team members to change the way that they organize their work, manage that work, and measure the results of the work. Agile teams cannot do this on their own; they need help from the entire organization. The changes for all involved are profound, but so are the results when everyone's goals and ways of working are aligned.
What You Will Learn
To succeed in a changing world, organizations need to become more agile, more responsive to customer needs and market changes. This workshop will equip leaders and managers to help their organizations change by providing participants with:
- An overview of what "Agile" is, why organizations need it to survive and thrive in a changing world, how it works, and how to quantify its benefits from a business perspective
- The means to identify the potential opportunities and impacts of Agile in terms of business value
- An understanding of how Agile addresses the root causes of business uncertainty and IT project failure and/or dissatisfied customers
- The ability to compare and contrast Agile practices with alternative business practices and discuss how Agile fosters a culture of innovation and enhances financial performance
- An understanding of how to help form and support agile teams using an empirical approach to product delivery
- An understanding of typical challenges that agile teams face and how to support them by removing impediments
Expected Outcomes After Attending the Workshop
You will have leaders who understand how being agile adds value to their business, and why leadership understanding, sponsorship, and support of Agile practices are essential to successfully becoming more agile as an organization. Leaders will be prepared to support and enable successful teams by providing guidance and removing impediments that are beyond the team's ability to address. This class can be delivered on-site, in a specific organization, to help its leaders understand their important role in transforming their organization or in a public class setting.
Note: There is not currently a certification associated with this workshop.
Scrum.org provides the highest quality Scrum training, training materials and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them. Our training materials are created and maintained by Scrum co-creator and original signatory of the Agile Manifesto Ken Schwaber, Scrum.org and the PST community members who teach the courses, helping to ensure that they are in tune with what’s happening in software development organizations and always up-to-date with the latest practices.
Professional Scrum Trainers bring their own style and experience to the courses, but use the same materials so that students are learning from the same content regardless of who teaches the course or where it is taught around the world. Read more about the differences.
- Development of a common language
- Understanding of core problems in IT Product and Software Development
- Professional introduction and establishment of Agile techniques
- Role management plays in the Agile change of an organization
Who Should Attend
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course is designed for managers and those in leadership roles who are responsible for the introduction and establishment of Agile methods and techniques in an IT organization/division.
- Theory and Principles
- Improving Value Delivery
- Value - The "What"
- Culture - The "Who"
- Professionalism - The "How"
There is not currently a certification associated with this workshop.
PMI PDU Credits
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Agile Leadership (PAL) Essentials course. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI's "Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.