Professional Scrum Developer™ Certification
Prove Your Knowledge of Applying Scrum for Software Development
The Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) certification validates your knowledge of how to deliver quality software using the Scrum framework while working in Scrum Teams including the application of modern Agile and DevOps practices. Earning PSD proves that you have demonstrated an understanding of the fundamentals of applying the Scrum framework as it applies to software development.
You also have demonstrated your knowledge of self-managed development, design and architecture, documentation, programming, quality, testing, forecasting and release planning, and product value as you apply Scrum to deliver valuable software products.
While attendance is not a prerequisite, attending an Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development class is highly recommended.
PSD includes questions from the following Focus Areas as defined in the Professional Scrum Competencies. Approximately 85% of the questions will be selected randomly from the following Focus Areas.
- Developing & Delivering Products Professionally:
- Backlog Refinement, Cross-functional, Self-managed Development, Design & Architecture, Programming, Quality, Testing
Additionally, approximately 15% of the questions will be selected randomly from the Focus Areas listed below. These questions are designed to validate your knowledge around the core concepts of Scrum.
- Understanding and Applying the Scrum Framework:
- Empiricism, Scrum Values, Scrum Team, Events, Artifacts, Done
- Developing People and Teams:
- Self-Managing Teams, Facilitation, Coaching and Mentoring
- Managing Products with Agility:
- Forecasting & Release Planning, Product Value, Product Backlog Management, Stakeholders & Customers
Many people successfully use the Google Translate Plugin to take the test in their native language. If you plan to use the Google Translate Plugin you MUST follow these instructions for using the Google Translate Plugin. We cannot guarantee the quality of the translation, however feedback has been quite good.
Accommodations for Physical or Intellectual Disabilities
We take these considerations very seriously, and examine each case individually. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your circumstances and we can advise you on next steps.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
- $200 USD per attempt
- Passing score: 85%
- Time limit: 60 minutes
- Number of Questions: 80
- Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer, True/False
- Free Credly digital credential included
- Recommended course: Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development
- Practice assessments: Scrum Open and Scrum Developer Open
- Passwords have no expiration date, but are valid for one attempt only
- Lifetime certification - no annual renewal fee required
Unlike other Scrum certifications that are awarded for attendance in a class, earning a Scrum.org certification requires proof of knowledge and understanding by passing the certification test. You can take the Professional Scrum certification test whether you have attended a Scrum.org class or not, though each Scrum.org training class is a great learning experience and includes a free attempt at the associated certification.
Protecting the integrity of the certification process is very important to us. By taking a test with Scrum.org you agree to abide by our Standard of Conduct. You will not receive information about the specific questions that were answered correctly or incorrectly, however you will receive a breakdown of your performance based on the Professional Scrum Competencies.
Find out more about what makes Scrum.org different.
Applying Professional Scrum™ for Software Development Training
Learn how to deliver quality software using the Scrum framework while working in Scrum Teams over a series of Sprints by practicing Professional Scrum. Collaborate throughout the class to deliver a realistic software system while applying modern Agile and DevOps practices.