Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills
Live Virtual Class, April 28, 2023
This course will run over 1 day for 8 hours with breaks.
- 07:00 am - 03:00 pm Los Angeles Time PDT zone
- 08:00 am - 04:00 pm Denver Time MDT zone
- 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Chicago Time CDT zone
- 10:00 am - 06:00 pm New York Time EDT zone
Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills™ is an interactive course designed to help Scrum teams and individuals achieve the following:
- Develop proficiency in facilitation skills
- Learn when and how to select effective techniques for various circumstances
- Enable better problem-solving
- Create more effective Scrum events
- Develop greater team alignment, all leading to better outcomes.
While great Scrum Teams are self-managing and have skills to solve problems and deliver successful outcomes, team interactions don’t always go well. Sometimes team members lose sight of goals, don’t fully engage, and/or can’t reach an agreement. Effective facilitation can create an environment in which each Scrum Team member’s voice can be heard and guides the team toward their desired outcomes.
Participants will learn how to become better facilitators to improve interactions with their Scrum Teams, stakeholders, and customers. Students will address a series of common Scrum-related scenarios by applying several facilitation techniques that they can add to their collection of agile practices.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone on the Scrum Team interested in learning how to use facilitation to enhance their team’s success
- Experienced Scrum Masters
- Agile Coaches
- Scrum Team Members
- Scrum Coaches
- Aspiring Scrum Master
High-level learning outcomes
- Develop facilitation skills and a facilitator’s mindset
- Learn the facilitation principles that experienced facilitators fall back on when interactions are difficult
- Understand the roles that facilitation principles and the Scrum Values play in enhancing healthy collaboration in Scrum Teams
- Explore how facilitation can address challenging scenarios most Scrum Teams encounter
- Apply facilitation skills and techniques to improve the Scrum events and other interactions
- Understand how to encourage diverse perspectives, while bringing the team together to reach decisions
- Experience the elements of group dynamics and how they influence the decision-making process
- Leave class with a toolbox of facilitation techniques and understand how to apply them in different circumstances
Certification & Assessments
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills assessment. PSFS class participants who attempt the PSFS assessment within 14 days of the class and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Once you earn your PSFS certification, it will never expire, and you will never be asked to pay a renewal fee.
- 1 Eight-hour day of experiential learning.
- 1 free attempt to earn your PSFS certification.
- If you attempt the PSFS assessment within 14 days and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- Unlike other certifications, there is never an additional fee or need to renew your PSM certification once you pass. (Lifetime Certification)
- Access to the full slide deck and complementary materials used during the course.
- Lifetime Scrum.org profile, membership, and virtual classroom.
- 7 PDU credits for course attendance with Project Management Institute.
Optional Exclusive Bonuses (Only from Grand Scrum Master Scott):
- Access to Grand Scrum Master Academy Discord (our Scrum and Agile playground) - Super Duper Elite Scrum Master community.
- 1:1 Coaching Session with GSM Scott - FREE 30 minutes to discuss your topic of choice regarding Scrum & Agile. Examples: What is the recommended Journey to become a Legendary Scrum Master from where I am right now? What classes to take? What books to read? What questions to ask?...you get the ideas!
A message from Grand Scrum Master Scott...
Thank you for taking a serious interest in your Scrum Master (SM) Journey toward mastery. This class is about YOU becoming a Better Facilitator. I am going to take it to another level and teach you how to be Legendary! Daily I am asked, “What courses should I take and why?”. My reply always begins with 2 questions: How serious are you, and how long do you want to take to get there?
If you want to be an above-average SM, this course will get you there. If you are serious and want to be GREAT or LEGENDARY, it's a life-long learning journey that starts with the path I’ll share below.
In sum, my recommendation to you and any SM that I have mentored is the same: To jumpstart your journey to greatness and becoming a Legendary SM see the Bridge-The-Gap-Blueprint below:
- Congratulations on Taking the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) class to learn how to be an above-average Change Agent.
You now know what we are changing...Behavior! We have done a deep dive into the theory and first principles, of the Scrum Framework, your greatest SM weapon of choice. I have introduced you to the Greatest Scrum Master of all time...Nanny McPhee, Sweet 16, the Transformational 32, science & psychology, and much more. Now, The next step in your legendary journey requires facilitation skills.
- Take the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills (PSFS) class to learn how to provide effective facilitation.
In my experience, one of the biggest mistakes new scrum masters make is that they see themselves as managers and not facilitators. They think of managing people as telling them what to do when in reality it's about helping them find what they want to do and removing the obstacles that stand in their way. As a scrum master, your job is not to manage or lead, it's to facilitate. You facilitate conversations between team members so that they can come up with ways to move forward on their own. If you focus on telling people what to do, then you're missing out on some great opportunities for growth and learning within your team! Facilitation is key to true legendary performance that sets you apart. The final skills element is refining from above average to legendary through the advanced Professional Scrum Master course.
- Take the Professional Scrum Master II - Advanced Scrum Master (PSM II) Class to understand the 8 stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader while diving deep into how YOU serve the Developers, Product Owner, and Organization.
I will teach YOU about related practices and skills to enable YOU to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become a better Scrum Master...another step towards greatness and becoming Legendary. 1, 2, 3...Now go BE Legendary like Nanny McPhee while building wealth for your family!
One-Time "Up Your Scrum" Bundle: Expedite your learning journey, Scrum Master Effectiveness, and SAVE!
Maximize Your Scrum Master Effectiveness Package includes 2 courses:
Facilitation Skills ($895.00) + Professional Scrum Master II ($1595.00) =
Enroll Now and Save $300.00. Your Price today = $2190.00
...to Up Your Scrum Master effectiveness and skills!
"I'll see you in class for a Legendary learning experience!"
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I buy a Scrum Master Package?
Because of Parkinson's Law! When do you want to Up Your Scrum...Today, next week, next month, or maybe next year? Purchasing the package will help you be accountable to yourself and demonstrate a commitment to your learning journey. Shu, Ha, Ri is a model to guide you and your team toward mastery. And you will save $300!
Once I take the first class, How do I get access to the prepaid second class?
Agilesphere course delivery schedule is designed to take you through a Scrum Master Bootcamp-like learning journey in 30 days. By the end of the first class, you will have identified the next class that you want to take from Upcoming Classes by GSM Scott and communicate that in class or via email.
Step 1: Select the package that aligns with your learning objectives.
Step 2: Attend the first PSM course you selected, for example, at the beginning of the month, attend class and identify that you want to take the next class Mid-Month or at the end of the Month. Agilesphere will send you the remaining Pre-Class Instructions.
Step 3: Communicate to GSM Scott either during class or by email as to the next class you would like to attend as a part of your package selection.
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
About The Trainer
Scott Adams is a Professional Scrum Trainer, Grand Scrum Master, and an ambassador for change that works with large enterprises to small start-ups. From his experiences of working with many teams across different domains, he builds best-in-company teams not by design but as an outcome of empowering every member of the scrum team, thru diversification/inclusion and having no tolerance for anything that stands in the way of delivering extraordinary value to the customer. He has a collaborative approach to training that is enhanced thru storytelling and group sharing. Scott is based in the USA. He is always happy to arrange private training for your company. Please get in touch to find out more.
Committed to continuous learning and development, Scott is passionate about helping individuals and scrum teams reach their full potential. He is an international speaker who brings awareness to impediments that could be holding you and/or your team from being phenomenal. Most recently, Scott has launched a YouTube channel and has presented at the following Events:
Podcast Co-Host - "Not Scrum Dumb"
- The Agile Wire Podcast - "People who look like me"
- Lean Agile Global Conference - "Scrum Team Diversity and Inclusion"
- Blacks in Technology Foundation - "Increase Personal Brand Value as a Scrum Master"
What Clients and Students Have To Say About The Trainer:
Student feedback from Lagos, Nigeria About The Trainer:
About Agilesphere Consulting and Training, LLC
Agile Sphere Consulting & Training, founded by Scott Adams, exists out of a commitment to support equality and diversity in the workplace through world-class training, where all people contribute at their fullest potential and deliver extraordinary value for customers. Our first goal is to train 10,000 minority (race, ethnicity, and sex) Professional Scrum Masters by 2030 and help them to be Legendary in the workplace.
This will be a Live Virtual Remote/Online Class.
Training will begin promptly at the posted class hour.
Full details on how to participate will be sent to you 1 week before the class and the same day if you register during the last week until course registration ends.