Professional Scrum Master II Live Virtual Class, Jun 1-2, 2020
The Professional Scrum Master course II (PSM II) is a 2-day advanced Scrum Master training for those wanting to take their mastery of Scrum to the next level. This course is intended for Scrum Masters with at least one year of real-world experience in the role. Attendees will receive a free attempt at the industry-recognized Scrum Master certification, the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) from Scrum.org.
Responsive Advisors is committed to a holistic approach to agility and Scrum. Instructor, Robert Pieper is the founder and Principal Consultant of Responsive Advisors. Learn more about what makes Responsive Advisors Agile Training great.
How We Do It:
- Our advisors help make Scrum stick by fully explaining the “why” behind Scrum (we don't just throw charts and graphs at you).
- We have deep and broad industry experience and can uniquely apply it to real-world problems.
- We address the sticky issues of interpersonal communication and team dynamics. We find that many Scrum problems are actually people problems.
- We know how to communicate difficult-to-grasp agile concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
What to Expect in Class:
Price: USD 1495
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master such as how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for agility to thrive. The Scrum Master role is complex and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
As a Scrum Master, being able to identify, and effectively apply, which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation or circumstance could prove to be the key to the success of your team.
As a Scrum Master, part of your role is to help management and other stakeholders across your organization understand the benefits of Scrum and Agile. Therefore, it is imperative that you have the information and background that is needed to gain credibility in order to be an effective change agent. Throughout the class, your PST will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), resources and more.
There will also be time in class for the Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) to provide coaching on challenges that you and your classmates may be experiencing today or may in the future.
Learn More about Responsive Advisors Scrum Master training and certification.
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improve their ability in this role
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION
Professional Scrum Masters that earn the Professional Scrum Master II certification have shown that they understand Scrum and can apply it to advanced real-world situations.
Every attendee of our Professional Scrum Master course receives a free attempt at the Professional Scrum Master II certification (PSM II) from Scrum.org. With a passing score of 85% or above, attendees will become Scrum.org PSM II certified.
Attendees will also receive a discount on the Professional Scrum Master III (PSM III) certification exam.
MEET THE INSTRUCTORS
Robert Pieper is the founder and Principal Consultant of Responsive Advisors. Robb’s developed a strong ability to communicate difficult-to-grasp ideas in his long career in software development and client facing roles. Check out one his popular talks, "Agile Transformations: Common Challenges and Solutions" given at a recent meetup in Chicago.
Jeff Maleski looks to be a catalyst, where 1 plus 1 equal 3, and help drive alignment and purpose for new and experienced Agile teams. Check out his blog, 4 Software Development Metrics every Scrum Master should know.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING ABOUT OUR INSTRUCTORS
"Thank you again for a great class last week! I came back excited to share what I'd learned with the rest of the company - I'd argue that's not something that can't be said for most classes. Loved the small class size and open communication. Would definitely recommend to others at my organization." PSM student
“Busting some of the myths of what is and isn’t scrum was helpful. Lots of good guidance on how to maximize our use of Scrum. Good clarification on the purpose of many of the Scrum concepts.” PSM student
"A good balance between theory and examples vague enough to elicit great discussion and interactions, but relevant enough to get concrete knowledge to take home.” PSM student
SOME OF OUR RECENT CUSTOMERS
125 S. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Professional Training Network ProviderResponsive Advisors
Registration for this class has closed