Professional Scrum Product Owner
Live Virtual Class, October 11-December 6, 2023
Delivered as an Immersive class of 8 sessions on Wednesdays of 4h over 9 weeks (s).
Welcome to the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) course. This transformative learning journey is designed specifically for Product Owners, Leaders, Entrepreneurs, and Managers eager to deeply understand and incorporate Scrum values and principles into their work. The course offers practical case studies and engaging exercises to ensure a hands-on learning experience.
A thorough understanding of Scrum is beneficial and essential for modern product management in the ever-evolving product landscape. Scrum practices equip organizations with the agility, responsiveness, and efficiency needed to thrive amidst changing market dynamics.
This course aims to help participants:
- Amplify your business agility by mastering the execution of the Product Owner role in a Scrum context
- Embrace the transformative power of a product-centric mindset over a traditional project-based approach
- Seamlessly connect business strategy to product execution using the dynamic Scrum framework
- Recognize the Product Owner as an Agile Product Manager, a pivotal role in driving product success
- Delve into the core Scrum Principles and the concept of Empiricism, the foundation of all Scrum practices
- Understand the key accountabilities of the Product Owner within the Scrum Team and how to fulfil them effectively
- Learn to unite your team around the business strategy, product vision, Product Goal, and Sprint Goal, fostering shared understanding and commitment.
- Master effective communication strategies to convey your business strategy, product vision, and Product Goal with clarity and impact
- Acquire practical techniques for managing the Product Backlog, overseeing release management, and making accurate forecasts.
- Identify meaningful metrics that track value creation and successful product delivery, providing insights for continuous improvement.
- Explore effective techniques to engage with stakeholders, customers, and Scrum Team members, fostering collaboration and shared understanding.
- Expert Facilitation: The course is facilitated by experienced Scrum practitioners who share their real-world experiences and insights, providing practical applications of Scrum techniques.
- Immersive Learning: This course employs a mix of lectures, case studies, group discussions, and interactive exercises to create a dynamic and engaging learning environment.
- Certification: Upon completion of the course and passing the assessment, participants will receive the Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) certificate from Scrum.org.
This course goes beyond a mere introduction to Agile Product Management; it's a comprehensive exploration of Scrum's potential to transform your product delivery approach, team dynamics, and overall organizational performance through empirical practices.
Join the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) course and equip yourself with the knowledge, skills, and mindset needed to excel in Agile.
Registration & Price
To better connect the participants to the material on the PSPO, we deliver the course as an immersive 10-week interactive activity-based course over ~8 sessions of 4 hours. At the end of each session, participants are given assignments to practice and experience their day-to-day roles. With the instructor-practitioner, participants debrief assignments at the beginning of the group’s next session.
- Block 1: Vision
- Week 1: Kickoff & Agile Product Management Part I
Date: 11th October 2023 0900-1300 EST (UTC-4)
Assignment: The big picture
- Week 2: Agile Product Management Part II
Date: 18th October 2023 0900-1300 EST (UTC-4)
Debrief: The big picture
Assignment: Making assumptions explicit
- Week 1: Kickoff & Agile Product Management Part I
- Block 2: Value
- Week 3: Value-Driven Development
Date: 25th October 2023 0900-1300 EST (UTC-4)
Debrief: Making assumptions explicit
Assignment: Connect measures to value
- Week 4: Scrum Theory & Empiricism
Date: 1st November 2023 0900-1300 EST (UTC-4)
Debrief: Connect measures to value
Assignment: Put empiricism into action
- Week 5: The Scrum Framework
Date: 8th November 2023 0900-1300 EST (UTC-4)
Debrief: Put Empiricism into action
Assignment: Focus on “Done”
- Week 6: Product Backlog Management
Date: 15th November 2023 0900-1300 EST (UTC-4)
Debrief: Focus on “Done”
Assignment: Own your Product Backlog
- Week 3: Value-Driven Development
- Block 3: Validation
- Week 7: Releases & Forecasting
Date: 22nd November 2023 0900-1300 EST (UTC-4)
Debrief: Own your Product Backlog
Assignment: Strategize your releases
- BREAK: 29th November 2023
- Week 8: Closing
Date: 6th December 2023 0900-1300 EST (UTC-4)
Debrief: Strategize your releases
Assignment: Take the PSPO I assessment & Plan for continuous learning and improvement
- Week 7: Releases & Forecasting
- After Class
- 60m 1-on-1 Coaching session
We recognise the positive impact a happy AND motivated workforce with a purpose has on client experience. We help change mindsets towards a people-first culture where everyone encourages others to learn and grow. The resulting divergent thinking leads to many ideas and opportunities for the organisation's success.
- Flipped Learning Experience - This class has 14 hours of live virtual classroom experience. This is complemented by additional presentations and lectures in the form of videos, reading material, and writing activities provided for self-study, complemented by 1/2 day live virtual sessions delivered online using Microsoft Teams and Mural. These live interactive workshops create a dynamic and interactive environment where we dive into the core concepts of Scrum for teams through group activities, interactions, and sharing experiences, all with the guidance of an expert Professional Scrum Trainer.
- The League of Extraordinary Lean-Agile Practitioners - We are providing a Lean-Agile Community in Mighty Networks that anyone can join and participate in the conversations. If you attend a class with us, you will get access to additional extraordinary content. Join Today!
- 1-hour Coaching Session - Every student gets a 1-hour complimentary remote Coaching Session with your trainer, worth £200, to help you integrate concepts into your context (at a mutually agreeable time following the course). Use it for a 1on1 session, a group session with your team, or a chat with your leadership.
- Learning Review - Regardless of the outcome of your assessment, you get additional 1-on-1 help to focus your learning in the form of a 30 Minute Assessment Review worth £100
Discounts & Concessions
Alumni Discount of 30% - Have you been through a class with us before? As an Alumni, you get a 30% discount on all our classes. Combine with our generous 20% Credit per Referral program.
Under / un-employed Program - Are you underemployed? Our Retraining Program provides favourable payment plans for those not currently working. Pay a 30% deposit now and the rest when you are working.
Unlimited Reruns for 70% discount - Reruns allow you to participate in a class you have already taken for any reason at a low cost. Have you participated in this class with us or an equivalent from another vendor? We are intent on enabling your continuous learning, so we offer you a Rerun discount of 70% to retake it with our trainers. Contact us with proof of participation in a previous class to claim your discount. For Scrum.org classes from another trainer, please provide your Scrum.org Profile URL showing that associated class. For Scrum Alliance, you will need to provide a receipt. Not sure? Contact us for a chat.
20% Credit per Referral - Our Advocates Program allows you to earn 20% for each referral as a credit for future classes! This is a cash equivalent, so it can be added to any other discount. Combine with other coupons and discounts, like the Alumni Discount of 30%
Supporting the World with Dynamic Pricing - We want to support the world and provide access to our class for everyone regardless of their socioeconomic region or corporate status. Based on your socioeconomic region around the world, you can get a rate for our services that meets your needs. This applies to both corporate and consumer rates. Your market will be selected, and any concessions will be applied automatically initially by geolocation, then by billing address.
Primary Market – Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Secondary Market – All countries not listed as primary.
Tertiary Market – Africa & India.
Charity/Non-Profit Market – If your organisation is a registered charity or a non-profit,, please get in touch.
naked Agility has worked with many customers over the years, and while we sometimes do longer engagements, we often work in short-term consulting with big impact.
- Medical/Healthcare - Genus Breeding Ltd, Alignment Healthcare, Healthgrades, ALS Life Sciences, Illumina, Philips, Milliman, Bistech
- Technology/Professional Services - Microsoft, Cognizant Microsoft Business Group (MBG), New Signature, Workday, Lean SA, Capita Secure Information Solutions Ltd, NIT A/S, Xceptor – Process and Data Automation, Akaditi, SuperControl, Trayport, Slicedbread, Freadom, Flowmaster (a Mentor Graphics Company), Emerson Process Management, Big Data for Humans, Deloitte, Ericson
- Banking/Finance - CR2, Qualco, Brandes Investment Partners L.P., Hubtel Ghana, Rabobank International, Sage
- Military/Aerospace - Royal Air Force, Lockheed Martin, Teleplan, Boeing
- Government - Department of Work and Pensions (UK), Ghana Police Service, Higher Education Statistics Agency, Nottingham County Council, Washington Department of Transport, Washington Department of Enterprise Services, New Hampshire Supreme Court
- Maritime - Kongsberg Maritime, DFDS
- Other - YearUp.org, Graham & Brown, Boxit Document Solutions, ProgramUtvikling, Jack Links, Slaughter and May, Schlumberger
Official Suppliers of:
Microsoft | NHS Scotland
Join us for a virtual experience via Microsoft Teams and Mural!
Virtual Classroom Details
- Each session lasts between 60-75 minutes with short breaks of 5-10 minutes.
- We've chosen not to record the workshop to foster an open environment.
- We cap our workshop at 12 participants for a more intimate experience.
- Tools you'll be using: Microsoft Teams, Mural, and Mighty Networks.
- Online learning is almost on par with in-person sessions. Just remember, collaborating online might take a tad longer.
- Keep those cameras and mics on.
- Punctuality is key.
- No multitasking with meetings, calls, or emails during sessions.
- Stay aware and let others have their moment.
- Stick to the agenda. If you need extra guidance, there's a free coaching session for each participant.
- Live captions are available in any language supported by Microsoft Teams for our hearing-impaired friends and those who need a little extra help.
- After the class, join the "naked Agility with Martin Hinshelwood Community" to connect with like-minded individuals.
Payment & Cancellation
- Payment is upfront, with no exceptions.
- UK clients, please note there's an additional VAT.
- We're not liable for any costs from cancellations or rescheduling.
- We need a certain number of participants to run the class.
- Rarely, courses might be cancelled due to insufficient participants. We're not responsible for any related costs.
- You can cancel up to the online ticketing deadline. Refunds might have some deductions.
- Postponing? Give us at least three business days' notice. Otherwise, it's considered a cancellation with no refund.
- Electronic manuals and Scrum.org assessment fees are covered. Physical manuals? Not so much.
Setting Up Your Virtual Space
Participating in virtual classes requires some prep. Here's what we recommend:
- Equipment: A computer that can run Mural and a device for Microsoft Teams. Multiple monitors are a plus but not a must.
- MS Teams: Install it from here. It's best to use the app on Mac, Windows, or mobile rather than the web interface.
- Appearance: We've seen it all - shadows, half-faces, up-nose, and more. Being visible and present is crucial. Think of how you'd present yourself in a physical meeting.
- Camera: A good quality one is essential. The Elgato Facecam comes highly recommended.
- Lighting: Ensure you're well-lit. Consider getting a face light, especially if you're in darker environments.
- Microphone: Laptop mics aren't the best. Consider investing in a quality one, like the Elgato Wave or Yeti Blue Microphone. Use Krisp Noise Canceling to prevent background noise.
- Background: A wall behind you works best if you're using a virtual background. Curious about my background? Just ask!
- Attire: Wear what makes you comfortable. Whether it's formal wear, casuals, or even jammies, as long as it's appropriate, you're good to go.
Remember, the key is to be present and engaged. Let's make the most of this virtual experience together!