Scaled Professional Scrum
Live Virtual Class, September 14-16, 2022
What is unique about SmoothApps workshops?
- Certified ROI Professional: Integrates ROI-based learning techniques into the training
- Co-Active Institute Trained Coach: Integrates co-active coaching techniques into the training
- Certified Trainer for Sharon Bowman’s “Training from the Back of the Room": Integrates brain-friendly learning into the training
- Real-World Experience: Integrates success and horror stories from real-world Scrum adoptions in companies ranging from 10 people to 10,000 people
- Humor & Story Telling: Brings ideas to life and keeps learners engaged
- Shorter 3-day vs 2-day courses: Reduces Zoom fatigue, allows time to discuss real-world examples and to catch up on work each day before and after the training
Learn To Scale Scrum Beyond A Single Team
Scaled Professional ScrumTM (SPS) with Nexus is a course that is designed as an experiential workshop where students learn how to scale Scrum using the Nexus Framework. Throughout, you are introduced to the artifacts and events within the framework, the new Nexus Integration Team role, along with more than 50 associated practices. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Scaled Professional Scrum certification exam.
What You Will Learn
Students will simulate a large product development project using the Nexus Framework. The workshop is delivered using an end-to-end case study where students work together to organize and simulate a scaled product development project. Throughout the workshop, students will be introduced to more than 50 practices that can be used to help reduce complexity and dependencies at scale.
The workshop will provide students with an understanding of how to launch, structure, staff, and manage a large Agile project using Scrum. Throughout the workshop, students will learn the infrastructure, tools and practices needed to successfully scale Scrum to maximize the value of their product development initiative.
By taking a hands-on approach, students are fully engaged in the learning process where they see first-hand the challenges in large-scale development initiatives and solutions for getting the work back on track. They will leave the workshop with techniques to detect irregularities and how to address them appropriately.
All participants completing the Scaled Professional Scrum course will receive a password to attempt the Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) assessment. SPS class participants who attempt the SPS assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. The industry-recognized SPS certification requires a minimum passing score of 85% and involves understanding of the Nexus Framework, knowledge from the course and of Scrum.
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
Schedule and Logistics:
Training will be online and begin at 9:30 AM sharp and will end around 3:30 PM on all 3 days. There will be a lunch break. (All times US Central)
Students should login 5-10 minutes prior to start of each session to work through any technical issues.
All students should be able to use Zoom and Mural.
A Prework email will be sent prior to class start date. Our messages tend to fall into spam, so please check there and contact us at email@example.com if you do not receive a message from us at least 1 week prior to class.
- All students must complete the prework by the deadline to join the class.
- All students should keep their cameras turned on throughout the training.
- Any student who misses more than 30 minutes of the training will neither receive the certificate of course participation nor will they receive the free password for taking the assessment.
- All students must stay focused and engaged and should not multi-task during class.
- All students must behave in alignment with the working agreement co-created by all students in class.
Live Virtual Class