Skip to main content

About PSPO II

Last post 05:54 pm January 22, 2018 by Scrum Support
6 replies
05:06 pm August 29, 2017

Hey.. my ScrumLand friends =D

I've recently passed the PSPO I exam and I'm looking forward to go for the PSPO II. I've read a lot of books and articles about scrum and especially the Product Owner role. I have been BA for the last 10 years (and I started reading about Agile, around 5 or 6 years ago). As a BA, I've never seen myself as a person who writes BRDs or requirements that then will be passed to a delivery team. I really think that no matter what methodology or framework you're using, you have to make sure you understand what the business goal is and take that as guide to build your product. All this explanation is because I consider that I have the needed experience to take the PSPO II. However, the cost is expensive enough to ask for some advice and guidance from the ones that have already passed the exam.

For example, books you have read? things that you would recommend to do/don't do? I'm not English speaking and I've seen that the test is in English, in what percentage we would have to answer open questions? (this one really worries me when it comes to time) any advice you can provide will be really appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Mariale.

06:27 pm August 30, 2017

I'm also curious to see what the PSPO II community has to say.  I passed my PSPO I and I am reading through Lean Startup by Eric Reis and that has been fantastic.  It really gets into thinking in terms of business value.  Looking forward to hearing from our PSPO II folks.

08:18 am August 31, 2017

Hello,

When I passed the PSPO II, in 2014, I had 40 questions with 36 multiple choice + 4 open questions. I passed the PSM III before the PSPO II. Question about "pur" Scrum where not too hard, but question about "pur" product management or business/strategy/organization agility where hard enough for me.

For reading, I suggest "Agile Product Management with Scrum" from Roman Pichler and "Scrum Product Ownership" from Robert Calen.

11:44 pm September 2, 2017

Thanks for your book suggestions Olivier!

04:34 pm September 9, 2017

I passed PSPO II last March. There were around 36-37 questions, most of them essay based, but fortunately the time limit was not an issue. The book list provided by Scrum.org is more than enough, especially the Lean Startup, Software in 30 days, Agile Estimating and planning, Pichler's Agile Product Management with Scrum. Of course I already had several years of experience as a Scrum Master and Developer. Same for me (as Olivier mentioned), the business oriented questions were the hardest ones. 

Last but not least, nothing beats real-world experience, so  would encourage anyone who plans on passing the exam to get some first-hand (and pur if possible) agile product ownership experience.

Keep learning and questioning the status quo ;-)

Scrum on!

08:27 pm January 21, 2018

Hi to all!

What type of questions did you encounter in PSPO 2? Are they close to PSPO 1 questions or much harder?

Thanks in advance for your answer. 

05:54 pm January 22, 2018

Hi Orkhan,

The PSPO II contains essay-based questions in addition to multiple-choice/multiple-answer. Please see this article for the types of questions you might see on the PSPO II:

http://support.scrum.org/knowledgebase/articles/1090684-how-do-i-prepare-for-the-psm-iii

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.