Skip to main content

Top 5 Metrics for an Agile project

Last post 08:33 pm September 7, 2017 by Ian Mitchell
3 replies
11:04 am September 2, 2017

HI

I am a new entry to Agile project management and hence requesting some inputs from the guru's.

What are the top 5 metrics that are to considered for an Agile Srum project other than the Burn down and  velocity.

We are trying to build a dashboard of the key metrics and request  your inputs.

07:58 pm September 5, 2017

Who will be using the dashboard and for what purpose?

07:02 am September 7, 2017

Thanks Ian for your response.

Basically my program manager is in the process of building a dashboard that will be useful for both Enterprise level as well as project level.

He wants those metrics to be useful to me in analyzing the project and team status.

08:33 pm September 7, 2017

Isn't it the Scrum Team which analyzes its own work and status? Aren't they accountable for inspecting and adapting their own process? What tools, beyond burn-down and velocity, do they believe they need?

Progress should be evidenced to other stakeholders, including those at enterprise-level, by the delivery of an integrated, tested, feature-complete, and release-quality increment each and every Sprint. Is that the case in your organization?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.