Skip to main content

Passed my PSM I exam with 95 % after 1 week of preparation and tips from this forum comments

Last post 08:33 pm October 13, 2017 by sonal pakvasa
No replies yet
08:33 pm October 13, 2017

Happy to share that I passed my PSM I exam with 95% after preparing for 1 week! It took 40 minutes to finish the exam. I didn't mark the questions for review and clicked 'finish and submit' before reviewing the answers else I might have done slightly better. I  would like to share few details and few thank you.

I didn't take any formal class. After reading many helpful comments and suggestions from this forum, I followed following:

Study, study, study and understand Scrum.org. It is an excellent source of information and knowledge. Every single sentence has a meaning and information. Not a single wasted word!

Take the assessment offered by Scrum.org. Very helpful in knowing where you stand and how much you need to prepare.

I took multiple online practice exams with explanations:

1. Mikhail Lapshin, REALLY GOOD TEST!!! (http://mlapshin.com/index.php/psm-quiz/learning-mode/)  (free). Thank you Mikhail.

2. Mplaza (Management Plaza) Training Manual and 3 assessment and practice exams. A note of thanks. Their training material (video tutorials) is very informative and clarifies the concepts. Typically, I am not a fan of video tutorials but this was an exception.  Their 3 practice exams also are very good. Their support staff went out of their way to support my need and make sure that I have immediate access to their training material. (and no, I didn't know or had heard of them until now).

3.Cape Management Inc and paid appx. $10.00.

4. That's it. I continually read, took the practice exams. I learnt and re-learnt what I was getting wrong on the tests. I took each test at least twice; read the scrum guide at least once a day for 1 week. 

Thank you this forum and contributors! With Your comments and recommendations, I made this plan of self study and some purchased practice tests  and it worked! 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.