Skip to main content

Passed PSMI in first attempt with perfect score of 100%

Last post 03:33 pm July 3, 2019 by Dana Andrea
2 replies
05:49 am November 1, 2017

I set time box of 5 days for myself (2 hrs/day) and was able to achieve it before timebox expiry :)

Day1: 

I started with Scrum Guide. Advise is - do NOT plan to read it in hurry. 

Plan to spare good 2 hrs for reading and understanding it thoroughly. While reading you will come a cross few items which you are not aware of 

or which you find confusing. That's where you have to spend more time (I was able to find blogs for most of these items on scrum.org site iteself).

Registered and bought PSMI assessment. That's all I did on Day1. 

Day2: 

Took scrum open assessment - scored 86.7%

Gone through incorrect answers. Focus on understanding why as per scrum.org it is incorrect (instead of just getting to know the correct answer after open assessment).

Gone through Scrum Glossary. 

Searched blogs with keyword 'Myth' on scrum.org site and read some 5 to 6 blogs. These blogs covers most of the misconceptions.

Day3:

Took scrum open assessment - perfect score

Took Developer and PO open assessments. Got few incorrect answers - analyzed those. 

Read below arcticle:

http://www.scrumcrazy.com/The+New+New+Product+Owner

Day4:

Took scrum open assessment - perfect score

https://www.scrum.org/resources/scaling-scrum - Not mandatory for test and you can skip if you are short of time.

Day5: 

Took actual PSMI assessment in the morning. Was confident of passing the exam - very happy to get perfect score :)

04:39 pm November 2, 2017

Congragulation Chandrasekhar

02:48 pm July 3, 2019

Congratulations Chandrasekhar and thank you for posting this.

I followed your daily preparation and passed the exam on first attempt with 95%. I felt the free materials and time box study you suggest was sufficient to pass the exam. 

For those interested, I also used free learning mode and real mode quizzes provided by M. Lapshin. 

https://mlapshin.com/index.php/scrum-quizzes/sm-learning-mode/

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.