My experience to pass PSM1 with mark 93.8
I passed my test before 3 hours! and liked to share it with you guys.
First, I studied the scrum master guide one time and did the test but I failed with mark 77%. Then I wen through this forum and changed my studying strategy. BIG thx to all people active here.
I studied the guide 3 times making sure to understand every single line, writing my notes, summarize the whole material on 3 pages.
Then, I did the following tests many times until I'm getting above 95% every time.
I hope this will help :)
Putting my suggestions below to pass the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment from Scrum.org
I'm part of scrum development team earlier and now I'm working with 3 scrum teams . This experience gives me confidence on taking up the exam. Along with that I have
- Gone through the Scrum Guide 10 times, line by line and understand the meaning for each of the point.
- Scrum Glossary - I say it's must go through it
- Scrum Open Assessment - I did 14 times until I get constant score 100%, keep track of timings
- Every day I read the Q & A in Scrum Forum, few questions appeared in the exam
- Took open assessments in Mlapshin.com
- Note down the wrong questions, key points to remember in a separate sheet, revise its daily
There are many open assessment available on the internet, Free and Paid, but be careful with the questions, personally I see a lot of questions which not fall under scrum.org theory
- Buy the exam in advance, it helped me to focus more on preparations
- Revise the key points daily and day of the exam
- Relax, take a deep breath and start the exam
- I took exam in my work place environment - To make sure power supply and internet back-ups available
- Note down the questions which you are not clear, and resist the answers after your completion
- Don't think previous questions and pass percentage while you focussing a new question
- Apply the scrum theory, strike off the answers which are irrelevant
- Choose the closest answer(s) to the scenario
- Questions were tricky, so go with the closest answer
- I ended up to finish all the questions in 00:49:00
- Used next 10 mins to revisit my marked questions
- Changed a couple of answers
Thanks all for your inputs in the forum sections which helped to understand better
I passed the exam the first time .Tips :Practice open assessments till you get 100 percent consistently multiple times ,Have thorough understanding of the Scrum guide ,use practice resources and practice as much questions as you can .
The questions can be tricky .Read the questions well and think before answering.Pay attention to what the questions say ,example :Pick two answers or pick three answers .All the best !!!!!!You can do it ....