Skip to main content

My experience to pass PSM1 with mark 93.8

Last post 04:16 pm October 14, 2020 by Ade Ogun
2 replies
08:51 pm February 1, 2018

Hello all,

I passed my test before 3 hours! and liked to share it with you guys.

First, I studied the scrum master guide one time and did the test but I failed with mark 77%. Then I wen through this forum and changed my studying strategy. BIG thx to all people active here.

I studied the guide 3 times making sure to understand every single line, writing my notes, summarize the whole material on 3 pages. 

Then, I did the following tests many times until I'm getting above 95% every time.

http://mlapshin.com/index.php/scrum-quizzes/psm-learning-mode/

http://jaganinfo.com/blog/professional-scrum-master-exam-questions-answers-psm1/

http://www.testsahoy.com/it-certification/agile-and-scrum/mock-tests-for-scrum-(psm)

I hope this will help :)

02:55 pm February 14, 2020

Hello,

Putting my suggestions below  to pass the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment from Scrum.org

I'm part of scrum development team earlier and now I'm working  with 3 scrum  teams . This experience gives me confidence on taking up the exam. Along with that  I have 

1. Gone through the Scrum Guide 10 times, line by line and understand the meaning for each of the point.
  2. Scrum Glossary - I say it's must go through it
  3. Scrum Open Assessment - I did 14 times until I get constant score 100%, keep track of timings
  4. Every day I read the Q & A in Scrum Forum, few questions appeared in the exam 
  5. Took open assessments in Mlapshin.com
  6. Note down the wrong questions, key points to remember in a separate sheet, revise its daily

There are many open assessment available on the internet, Free and Paid, but be careful with the questions, personally I see a lot of questions which not fall under scrum.org theory

Exam Approach

1. Buy the exam in advance, it helped me to focus more on preparations
  2. Revise the key points daily and day of the exam
  3. Relax, take a deep breath  and start the exam
  4. I took exam in  my work place environment - To make sure power supply and internet back-ups available
  5. Note down the questions which you are not clear, and resist the answers after your completion
  6. Don't think previous questions and pass percentage while you focussing a new question
  7. Apply the scrum theory, strike off the answers which are irrelevant 
  8. Choose the closest answer(s) to the scenario
  9. Questions were tricky, so go with the closest answer
  10. I ended up to finish all the questions in 00:49:00
  11. Used next 10 mins to revisit my marked questions
  12. Changed a couple of answers
  13. Submit

Thanks all for your inputs in the forum sections which helped to understand better 

01:38 pm October 14, 2020

I passed the exam the first time .Tips :Practice open assessments till you get 100 percent consistently multiple times ,Have thorough understanding of the Scrum guide ,use practice resources and practice as much questions as you can .

The questions can be tricky .Read the questions well and think before answering.Pay attention to what the questions say ,example :Pick  two answers or pick three answers .All the best !!!!!!You can do it ....

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.