Skip to main content

Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK)

Last post 07:42 am May 14, 2018 by Filip Łukaszewski
17 replies
10:24 pm February 26, 2018

As I've just learned from the blog, there's a new class called Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) including certification, which sounds quite interesting, even it's not yet visible in the certification section of the website.

But as for now, there's no such class near my location. Therefore I'd like to know how to get into this topic apart from traveling to the UK for example to attend a class. There's the nexus guide for SPS, scrum guide for PSM etc. How about PSK?

11:28 pm February 26, 2018

08:11 am February 27, 2018

Thank you, Ian.

08:54 am February 27, 2018

This is an awesome piece of work. I want to thank its creators. I find it to be easily understandable and concise at the same time.

That Guide is an instant must-read for Scrum Practicioners.

10:05 am February 27, 2018

Read this guide the moment it came available. Loved it!

I'm hoping that there comes a class soon near where I live (UK and US are a little bit too far) or that the online assessment becomes "class-optional" just like the SPS assessment. 

07:10 pm February 27, 2018

More classes will continue to be added as we train and validate our trainers ability to deliver this class with the highest quality.

02:15 pm March 5, 2018

Would we say that SCRUM with Kanban is the next level of SCRUM Management ?

07:23 am March 6, 2018

Do you have any empirical evidence to support that statement? ;-)

02:38 pm March 6, 2018

Do you have any empirical evidence to support that statement? ;-)

when I do it, then I will have some sort of empirical evidence !

05:44 pm March 6, 2018

Julian and Peter, I am not sure that I understand the question.  Is this in reference to my statement or something else?

07:16 am March 7, 2018

Julian and Peter, I am not sure that I understand the question.  Is this in reference to my statement or something else?

My question was directed at Peter.

03:56 am March 11, 2018

Hi all,

Do we know when it will be possible to pass the PSK certification on - line ? 

Thank you

Andre

03:07 pm April 27, 2018

It is possible now, and it costs 200$. Should any of you attempt please share your experience.

05:07 pm May 3, 2018

Greetings,

I recently took the paid assessment and here is some feedback, based on memory --

(Trying to share things more generically, as I feel going into exact types of questions may be inappropriate.)

• The core of Scrum remains same; Know what is Scrum, and that what isn't.
  • Know how Kanban can supplement Scrum;
  • One will need something beyond just the Kanban Guide for metrics. E.g. the Guide does not specify mathematical / metric types.
  • Questions are about an even split in the 3 subject areas
  • Formation of questions (few) in English may be tricky to some non-native speakers

My casual preparation --

Just the 2 Guides and being a Scrum practitioner. I started using Kanban over a decade ago.

I'm a continuous learner and would have enjoyed attending a class, but could not and cannot do so now. As we speak, some participants will be coming out of a class in Boston, US. Perhaps we'll get some more insights soon.

Overall impression --

Take the assessment seriously, just like the others. It is a qualitative.

I too would welcome an open assessment. Perhaps Scrum.Org is already working on this or we may see this later.

10:48 pm May 3, 2018

Hi Nitin - I would think Dan Vacanti's Actionable Agile Metrics book may benefit folks, if one wants to get more details on Kanban metrics.  He was one of the folks who worked with Scrum.org to put the PSK course together.

Chris

03:51 am May 7, 2018

Hi Chris --

Yes, I am aware and agree.

Thank you for the supporting reply and author name. 

06:11 pm May 11, 2018

Hi all - As mentioned Lean/Flow metrics are a core part of the PSK1 online assessment as well as the PSK class. I wrote an article for scrum.org blog that goes beyond the Kanban for Scrum Teams guide and hopefully gives some more insights about these metrics. If you intend to take the PSK1 assessment, it might be useful to read it as part of your preparation. 

https://www.scrum.org/resources/blog/4-key-flow-metrics-and-how-use-them-scrums-events

(And I'm one of the PSK class stewards so I have some familiarity with the assessment ;-)

07:42 am May 14, 2018

Thank you Yuval, this might be interesting!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.