Skip to main content

Passed PSM II today. Very fullfilling experience !!

Last post 07:22 pm March 20, 2018 by Ajeet Singh
9 replies
01:40 pm March 5, 2018

03:14 am March 7, 2018

Congrats! 

So maybe you will give some advice how to pass this certification:)?

02:29 pm March 8, 2018

Congratulations, Ajeet!  It's a significant accomplishment and well worth the effort.

03:08 pm March 9, 2018

Congratulations Ajeet!

I will be doing PSM2 exam this month, I'm self studying and would welcome any study hints and tips.

TIA

07:57 pm March 9, 2018

Is the PSM I/II/III a browser restricted closed book exam?

04:01 pm March 12, 2018

I and II - no, they are not.

06:49 pm March 12, 2018

Congratulations Ajeet! 

I'd also love to know what helped you prepare if you are willing to share

03:54 pm March 13, 2018

I passed PSM II about a week ago, and PSM I a week before that.  I had no Scrum experience before I started a new job a month ago.  They are trying to adopt Scrum and I found it really fascinating.

I prepped by taking the open certifications every day till I consistently scored 100% in under 4 minutes or so.  The other thing I did that really helped me is that I read the Scrum Guide very actively.  After every passage I pause and try to imagine how I'd explain what I just read to someone who'd never heard of Scrum.  That helped me immeasurably in trying to apply Scrum concepts to scenarios I've never personally encountered.

The test isn't easy.  There were a few questions from the open assessments (maybe 3 or so), but almost everything else asked you to apply Scrum to a given situation.  I went through it quickly, answering the questions I knew right off the bat and bookmarking the ones I didn't (which were about half of them).  Then I went back and gave those some in-depth analysis.  I didn't find the time to be an issue at all.

If I can do it you can.  Scrum on!

11:34 am March 19, 2018

Congrats Ajeet Singh !!! Can you share your experience on PSM II?

06:32 am March 20, 2018

Thanks All. And apologies to reply back little late.

this exam is mostly scenarios based and covers up really a good scope.

I would suggest three dimensions to the preparation of this certification. 

1. Your ability to relate to the scenarios in the exam - for that you need good hands on experience as scrum master. If you don't have experience then you might not be able to comprehend the question and figure out the actual ask. 

2. Rules of the games- What does Scrum.org prescribes for scrum is recorded in the scrum and nexus guide. Get a very good grasp of scrum guide; also nexus guide to attempt any of the scaling scenarios. PSM workshops are not mandatory but always are a good option as you get to interact with PST's to develop a sound understanding of the scrum and solves some complex scenarios in the workshop with his/her help.

3. Acquired knowledge and experience - you might not have come across all the complex scenarios in your stint as scrum master as asked in the exam and that is perfectly OK. But to acquire that understanding and the knowledge around it, you have to go through the recommended books prescribed by scrum.org. In particular i could recommend three books as must - 1.Scrum a pocket guide by Gunther Verheyen 2. Agile Software Development with Scrum by Ken Schwaber and Mike Beedle 3. Agile Product Management with Scrum by Roman Pichler. 

Hope this helps. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.