Skip to main content

Agile and infrastructure/architecture

Last post 12:39 pm May 9, 2018 by Aidan Webb
1 reply
02:54 pm April 29, 2018

Hello!

My team is primarily responsible for third party vendor solutions and their integration into our firm's systems. We are solution architects you could say. We do have some development work around these solutions but mainly related to support; we don't develop the software as such. That said, we don't provision servers, hardware - we are strictly applications. 

I am very interested in agile concepts! But I am wondering if there is an arm of agile that can relate to solutions architecture.

11:46 pm May 8, 2018

Hi Kevin,

I'm an Iteration manager for Infrastructure and Ops team and Agile works in these environments. Agile can work for writing a book even HR.

The way I run things within our department which I feel has worked the best is Kanban approach as Infra/Ops is continuously shoulder taps and BAU.

Kanban lets the engineers chose their work and you can still prioritize in the backlog what needs to be done first.

If we have a big project we use Sprints do deliver the product. So in answer to your question we use Agile Kanban and Scrum in the same department and they both work well for us.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.