Skip to main content

Youhou, I have passed the PSM I exam :) My advice if that can help others...

Last post 06:03 pm May 4, 2018 by Cherif Bouaoud
No replies yet
09:58 am May 4, 2018

Hello Members of the Scrum Community!

I am so happy to have achieved the Professional Scrum Master I. Result 91.5% but at the 74 questions the system didn't want to load the next page!!!! I had then 7min left which melted down to 3! I lost there 4 precious minutes!!! I can tell you that my level of anxiety was very high. What I did is to refresh the page and it worked..pfff

First attempt I did it for fun, to see how hard the questions were...and it was HARD (71%) although I had trained but just used the Scrum Guide, the training manual and the Open Assessment with 100% success after 3 attempts.

I understood my mistakes and started to learn very hard Scrum Master. (average 3 hours a day for 3 weeks)

My methodology:

- Do as many tests as possible but be aware that some tests you can find on other websites might be containing some wrong answers!

- Therefore I created my own Q&A (PPT) and searched for the right answers through books and tutorials

- I selected all wrong answers everytime I practiced and studied them

- Focused on these questions everyday, update my PPT ever time I studied

- After a while it becomes natural and you understand the whole logic of SCRUM! And there you feel amazingly well :)

- I then decided I was ready and passed successfully the exam.

My background is Business Development but I had a good understanding of processes and Project management as I negotiated contracts with clients for Engineering projects with R&D contacts. I already experienced Project management processes but didn't do it or may be I could then consider myself as a Product Owner role where I had to be between the end client and the development team. All this also help memorise the Scrum process.

Should you need any help, please contact me.

Now I will keep learning (motivated 2000%) and look forward to exchanging experience with all of you here!

Have a nice day!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.