Which are the popular tools used by Scrum Masters These days?

Last post 01:41 pm June 13, 2018
by Jamiluddin Mohamad
9 replies
Author

I am researching on scrum masters latest practices. Please share your preferred tool of choice.

02:41 pm May 20, 2018

That's quite a broad question. Tools for what purpose?

Rather than list a load of tools, perhaps it's better to understand the problems people are trying to solve, and why they feel a tool is the most appropriate option.

"Individuals and interactions over processes and tools"

03:26 pm May 21, 2018

Eyes and ears.

04:33 pm May 21, 2018

A wise Scrum Master once told me "A fool with a tool is still a fool".   A stated above, understand first what problem you'd like to solve.

10:01 am May 22, 2018

In my org we use JIRA to keep a list of backlog items. To foster communication, we use legs, mouths, and a few communicators.

12:42 pm May 22, 2018

As Olivier mentioned, eyes and ears.

01:34 pm May 22, 2018

Which are the popular tools used by Scrum Masters These days?

I am researching on scrum masters latest practices. Please share your preferred tool of choice.

“Eyes and ears” would indeed be our preferred tools of choice, but they are not necessarily the most popular. I’d suggest that any research you do considers the reasons for that.

04:08 am May 30, 2018

I've just started using VersionOne and see that it has enough tools for my need: product backlog, sprint backlog, storyboard, taskboard, burndown char,... Feel satisfy with it. Tried Trello but didnt like.

12:35 am June 9, 2018

Similarly, I'm looking at tools to help me present the charts and dashboards that we learned in Agile books.  We use JIRA and Confluence in office, and some groups use Trello.  JIRA can display burndown charts and CFDs, but it's still not what I needed ..... hard to explain.  Now evaluating Smartsheet due to some work overlap with Waterfall projects.

01:23 am June 13, 2018

JIRA is pretty widely used. Provides mechanisms to visualize Product backlog items, Sprint backlog items, sub tasks, Burndown charts, etc. And in sprint to see Todo, InProgress and Done items.