Skip to main content

Scrum in Transportation Departments

Last post 01:29 pm June 6, 2018 by Ian E. Cunliffe
2 replies
08:31 am June 5, 2018

Hello to everyone, colleagues!

I work at a big steel factory in Russia. I improve processes in our transportation department (railway and motor transport). We found out about Scrum and we got interested in it. Right now we have a problem - we don't know how to implement Scrum in our specific area (movement goods among different spots).

We don't have an idea to use Scrum for car drivers. But we have a lot of different (not IT) projects, members are usually managers and some leaders. So we want to change their vision and way of working in projects.

Colleagues, I want to ask you for your help: Can you tell me transportation companies, which use Scrum as a methodology for their projects?

Kind regards,

Evgeny

03:23 pm June 5, 2018

Can you tell me transportation companies, which use Scrum as a methodology for their projects?

Scrum is a framework for understanding and delivering complex products, rather than being a project methodology. Would you say that you work in a “complex product” space? Why are the people in your department interested in Scrum?

01:29 pm June 6, 2018

Ian (M) has hit the nail on the head Evgeny. What makes you think that Scrum is a good fit for your business?  Are there complex products to deliver OR do you have complexities in your workflow that makes transparency difficult?

If it's not the first but definitely the second Scrum may not be the solution you need.  That said, there are other Agile methods which can help you.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.