Skip to main content

PSM2 cleared.. some hints

Last post 04:26 pm February 20, 2022 by Scott Anthony Keatinge
6 replies
07:44 am June 13, 2018

Hi all,

I passed PSM 2 exam, thanks to everyone here who has contributed this forum and posted useful comments or suggestions.

My tips would be:

- Obviously, read and digest the Scrum and Nexus Guide over and over again. Get 100% on all open assessments and pass PSM1 first.

- Go and buy "Scrum - A Pocket Guide" by Gunther Verheyen. It is a MUST. Read that book regardless of preparation for the exam, it will help you understand the essence of agile mindset.

- Read some articles regarding "Architecture". scrumcrazy.com could be useful.

- There are many useless trial exams on web. Don't waste time on them. Only two sites I find very useful are mlapshin.com and thescrummaster.co.uk

In general, I liked the exam and the way questions are prepared. It challenges you with real life situations. It was fairly easy for me to pass as I have experience, so actually I would suggest having some experience before trying the challenge.

Have fun with this journey and good luck!

Ilter

11:04 am June 13, 2018

Congrats. It's next on my list next week or so.

11:23 am June 13, 2018

Congrats. True, without experience it would be difficult to find the correct approach against those real life situations

12:59 pm June 13, 2018

Congrats Ilter!

I'm gearing up for this one as well and I found an awesome website by Simon Kneafsey; who posts on the forum pretty frequently. He is a scrum.org trainer in the UK and his website contains a short practice exam that is really awesome.

https://www.thescrummaster.co.uk/

At the first go, I scored 75% (it's only 8 questions so missed 2). Upon reviewing the questions again, I knew where I messed up on 1 of them but another (multiple answer) still gave me grief. However, once I took a breath and read the question in full and then considered how each of the answer choices would work in the real world, it made sense which were the correct answers. Simon also has a few posts for tips on passing each of Scrum.org's exams. I usually do not support external resources but considering Simon is a scrum.org trainer, he would not be giving out information that is completely contradictory to what you'd see on the exams like other external resources do. Thanks Simon for your help on this.

11:27 am February 19, 2022

Hi everybody, 

If I am not mistaken in PSM 1 there were no questions about Scaled Scrum. But as I read tips to pass PSM 2 from different resources I've realized there are questions about Scaled Scrum or Nexus in PSM 2.  So, is it true or there are no questions about Scaled Scrum in PSM 2? Thx in advance for your assistance. 

04:25 pm February 20, 2022

From what I can remember, neither PSM I not II contained any Nexus questions; however, there are questions related to scaled product development, i.e. multiple teams but not a Nexus. 

04:26 pm February 20, 2022

There is a typo in my comment:  "PSM I not II" should really be "PSM I nor II"

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.