PSPO Open Assessment question

Last post 09:22 am July 13, 2018 by Jennifer Stekkinger
4 replies
02:29 pm July 12, 2018

I was taking the Product Owner open assessment and one question was:

Q: The product owner can best be described as: 

A: correct answer: requirements collector

B: Wrong answer: value maximizer

However the Scrum guide says, "The product owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the product resulting from work of the development team." No where in the scrum guide does it say that the PO is responsible for being the requirements collector. Can someone explain to me why requirements collector is the correct answer when this is not at all mentioned in the scrum guide? PS Ultimately yes you are the requirements collector, but if it's not in the "Scrum Guide" I should not be getting this wrong on the exam!

02:50 pm July 12, 2018

I think you should contact Support about this. Just for fun, I took the PSPO open just not and got this same question. I chose Value Maximizer and it marked it as correct.

Did it give you an explanation as to why it felt that Requirements Collector was the correct answer? Each time an answer is incorrect in the Open Assessments there is an explanation given. Would love to know what it said for you.

02:53 pm July 12, 2018

Certainly one for support as value maximiser is the right answer.

03:05 pm July 12, 2018

Hello Jennifer.

We believe you may be misunderstanding the key for feedback:

If you select an incorrect answer, you will see an X next to the answer you selected. The blue arrow will indicate the correct option. Here is an example of how your feedback will look:

"Requirements Collector" is an incorrect answer, as indicated by the red X. The correct answer to this question is "Value Maximizer" as indicated by the blue arrow, as well as the feedback.

I hope we were able to address your inquiry. We wish you the best in your continued journey with Scrum, and hope you enjoy your day.

09:22 am July 13, 2018

Just curious did you pull this from my assessment? I have taken this several times and I always choose value maximizer. On my assessment this was incorrect. This is not the first time I got questions wrong that were correct. Never the less thanks for the feedback I will contact support should I see something questionable.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.