Skip to main content

Agile + DevOps

Last post 06:31 pm July 16, 2018 by Gunther Firk
1 reply
12:32 am July 14, 2018

Ok, So we have developed a Project onboarding product that was more successful than we anticipated. We have lot of improvements to make and too may project teams (20 +) are already using this now. Few of them have already deployed and in operations mode still needing our support. So we ended up in DevOps mode while there is still lot of improvements that can be done to the App.

1. How do we combine the Project support and operations and product development effort? I have seen some Devops with agile kanban articles that advocate some methods. Any advise?
  2. We are allowing our team representatives to attend the daily scrums of these 20+ projects and gather all issues and suggestions to discuss in our scrum which we are operating similar to the NEXUS scrum.
  3. From this scrum we are deriving permanent improvements, enhancements and regular production issues that we are working on a daily basis. 

But our team will grow (currently 10) as more projects onboard. So we need to scale. Which means we have to make pools of projects based on similar platforms or so and let them have their own scrums and these representatives come to the main scrum. We already have one nexus scrum. Is is feasible to add one more layer?

Suggestions please. Any suggestions or articles please?

06:31 pm July 16, 2018

Hi,

I am not sure my answer will help you but anyway try to search very good article here about scrum + DevOps (I can't attach link here because I am writing from smartphone). It is on scrum.org

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.