Skip to main content

Retrospective Format

Last post 03:35 pm December 5, 2018 by laurent russier
3 replies
11:44 am September 5, 2018

Hello,

I made up a fun retrospective based on Lord Of The Rings. I think it's still can get improved. Maybe you can try it with on your own and give me feeds back.

Here is the format : https://medium.com/thefork/sprint-retrospective-lord-of-the-rings-30914…

Laurent.

06:55 pm September 7, 2018

Very interesting approach Laurent.   I see one challenge with all of the team members being able to relate to the material, and thereby understanding the analogies presented, although you state that team members unfamiliar with Lord of the Rings were also on board.

Also, such a framework requires some upfront investment of time and effort to build out the model.   Not something that a team can just jump right into during a retrospective.

I'm interested in pursuing this with one of my teams in the future, but drawing analogies to Game of Thrones instead of LOTR.   Thank you for the inspiration.

02:03 am September 10, 2018

This is brilliant! I would like to try this out - using Harry Potter theme :)

Cheers,

Adwait.

11:32 am December 5, 2018

I'd like to add that after the retro, we posted the drawing in the corridor. It attracted the attention to other team asking about what he did etc. Very emulative :D

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.