Skip to main content

What is operational efficiency

Last post 10:56 pm September 10, 2018 by Adwait Vaidya
6 replies
05:26 pm September 8, 2018

Dear All,

Please, help to understand what is "operational efficiency"?

regards, Karen

10:00 pm September 8, 2018

Hi Karen, 

I remember (if I am not mistaken) that the question about operational efficiency or maybe close to operational efficiency was on my PSPO 1 exam. 

From the web: 

Operational efficiency is the capability of an enterprise to deliver products or services to its customers in the most cost-effective manner possible while still ensuring the high quality of its products, service and support.

So, in Scrum language, this is the Product Owner's case. For further details, I guess google will help you )))  

07:33 am September 9, 2018

Thank you Orkhan,

Yes, this question is form PSPO1 exam.

Your answer helped me to understand the question,

regards, Karen

12:20 am September 10, 2018

@ Orkhan,

Please correct me if I am wrong, operational efficiency = throughput? (whenever someone talks on operational stuff, I immediately think of THE GOAL by Mr. Eli Goldratt. It is an amazing read, funny and educative!)

Cheers!

Adwait.

05:01 am September 10, 2018

operational efficiency = throughput?

A team which considers itself to be operationally efficient on the basis of throughput might be very good at delivering lots of the wrong things a great many times.

05:24 am September 10, 2018

I think the discussion here should be in a business context.

It's about the ratio between the values and the cost, not about the team's velocity, productivity, and creativity.

10:56 pm September 10, 2018

Hi Ian,

Yes, when we say throughput - it has to be something valuable to business or users, otherwise it is just waste - so i guess we are both saying the same thing in different languages?

Cheers!

Adwait.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.