Skip to main content

Today I got this answer from the management when I said to update the technical documents by developers

Last post 02:22 pm September 13, 2018 by Ian Mitchell
1 reply
10:33 am September 13, 2018

"developers have already assigned task. I don't want to burden them with one more task, which you can do easily. Developers can made mistakes and documents will share with the client directly"

Can anyone suggest to me how they are right about this?

02:22 pm September 13, 2018

developers have already assigned task. I don't want to burden them with one more task, which you can do easily. 

Why do management think that tasks are assigned to developers in the first place, and why do they think they can burden people with any tasks at all?

Developers can made mistakes

Why aren't developers trusted to self-organize around the work, and to learn from any mistakes that might be made?

documents will share with the client directly

Why doesn't documentation form part of the relevant Product Increment, for which the team is accountable?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.