Skip to main content

Using SCRUM for team of two developpers.

Last post 04:02 pm December 24, 2018 by Ian Mitchell
1 reply
09:04 am December 24, 2018

I started a new job in which I was assigned, among other duties, the task of automating some processes using Python and Ansible.

The team is composed of only 4 members and only two developpers (I am one of them).

The automation project is still under testing and they are not familiar with Agile and SCRUM methodology.

They intend to use classic linear waterfall project style with fixed specifications and 6 month to present the project. Which in my opinion not suitable to the kind of project we are dealing with (experimental).

Because I am the only one to have some experience about the subject, I am wondering if it is worth to introduce SCRUM to the team, and I don't know who will take what responsability.

I could be the scrum master, but I am one of the developpers.

Among the non-developpers, one person looks like it could be a product owner and the other is supervising the whole thing, so I don't know what role to assign.

Will be any value to use SCRUM in such context knowing that I have other duties and I will not be developping on a daily basis?

Thanks a lot for your insights.

04:02 pm December 24, 2018

Is there an actual demand for incremental release and empirical learning in this situation? If so, where does it come from?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.