As an agile coach what are the steps to coach the team

Last post 04:18 pm March 19, 2019
by Daniel Wilhite
4 replies
Author

Hi,

i just want to understand that what are the step to coach an agile team. and how to schedule the training or a coaching in days. second as an consultant i have been appointed as a coach for 6 months. in the 6 months the team is well matured. Means the team is showing high   productivity and velocity. They are well organized and. My upper management is happy with the team performance. In this scenario as an agile coach what is my next step.

10:14 am March 19, 2019

I mean no disrespect, but you seem to want to build, all by yourself, a house, without even knowing how one's actually being built.

What's your background? Your expertise? What experience do you have that made others appoint you as coach. And coach what? 

01:21 pm March 19, 2019

i just want to understand that what are the step to coach an agile team. and how to schedule the training or a coaching in days.

What has lead you to believe that a schedule of agile coaching steps even exists?

04:00 pm March 19, 2019

+1 for Ian

Coaching is definitely an emergent process.

04:18 pm March 19, 2019

+1 for all of the above.  

You are asking for a road map that doesn't exist.  A good agile coach will know how to read the people that they coach and arrive at what is best.  Meaning no offense but it really sounds like you need a "head coach" for yourself that can help mentor you in your endeavors. 

If you need an example, look to your favorite sports teams.  Are the coaches all the same?  And I will bet that there are even specialization coaches on those teams. And if any of those coaches have changed teams, did they coach the players in exactly the same way?