Skip to main content

My Study Tips for passing PSPO I

Last post 12:19 am March 16, 2020 by Karen Naranjo
2 replies
09:16 pm May 16, 2019

Hi everybody,

I'm so extremely happy. I have passed PSPO I exam (93.8%) :) !!!!

Thanks all for your support, I benefit from this forum a lot,

Here is my study tips, I hope it benefits who are planning to take the exam.

Study Resources:

Practice:

Time frame:

Estimated time frame: 7 weeks, 7-8 hrs per week.

Actual time frame: 8 weeks, 7-8 hrs per week.  

To motivate myself I use the sheet shared in the below link to track my effort daily, I color a square every time I study for one hour :) :)

Sheet link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tl-FcI89hRIt5Bp1aOMRyuuxgU7XO87mjubEDOQz2gs/edit?usp=sharing

Study process:

1. Read “Scrum guide”.
  2. Read “Scrum Reference Card”.
  3. Read “EBM Guide”.
  4. Read “Scrum Glossary”.
  5. Take test 1 and test 2 from  “Guide to pass PSPO I”, and I got 60% L, the author advise to continue only if your score is at least 80%.
  6. Read “The Professional ScrumMaster's Handbook”, Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
  7. Read “Scrum guide” and take notes, for unclear points I refer to visual paradigm.
  8. Visit scrum forums from time to time.
  9. Read “scrum product ownership”.
  10. Take test 3 and test 4 from “Guide to pass PSPO I”.
  11. Read “Guide to pass PSPO I” more and more.
  12. Read “The new new product owner”.
  13. Take open assessment.
  14. Take scrum quizzes from “Mikhail Lapshin Scrum Quizzes” I got 82.7%.
  15. Repeat those readings gain till I got 100% continuously is assessments.

I hope this help anyone who are preparing for the assessment, don't be hesitate to ask me any question :) :)

09:38 pm March 15, 2020

Thanks

10:21 pm March 15, 2020

Thanks for sharing, especially the additional practice assessment, @Mona!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.