Skip to main content

How to contribute

Last post 06:42 am July 26, 2019 by Niels Dimmers
3 replies
06:54 am July 19, 2019

Hi!

I've been a scrum master since 2015 and learned loads and loads about teams, scrums and how to support growth! But now I'm wondering, what is the best way to give back to the community and share the knowledge I've gained? Of course I'm trying to actively contribute to this forum and community, but I'm just wondering if someone has some examples of other ways to contribute?

Niels

09:28 am July 19, 2019

Hi Niel,

I have started on a similar path, I am looking to talk at user groups, events, anywhere someone will have me to be able to share my experiences and help others with challenges I may have already faced.

Writing articles on linkedin can be a great way to support the community whilst building your personal brand at the same time.

03:46 pm July 21, 2019

Hi Niels - When I was a Scrum Master, I created a Community of Practice for other Scrum Masters to share knowledge. When I had time I would run lunch & learns and half-day workshops on topics I knew about, such as Story Mapping as an example.  Here is the US lots of Scrum Masters contribute by going to meetups.

+1 on LinkedIn blogging.

06:42 am July 26, 2019

Hi!

Thank you for your responses and input. I'll see if I can try to put up a local community or someting :-).

Niels

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.