Skip to main content

PSM I - how did you prep for the „Leadership styles“ & „Forecast and planning“ areas?

Last post 11:58 am July 26, 2019 by Olivier Ledru
2 replies
09:35 am July 25, 2019

Hi all,

could you please suggest me good reads for the „Leadership styles“ and „Forecast and planning“ areas in preparation to the PSM I certification test?

While I feel very confident about the contents of the Scrum Guide, I realized that those two areas are not directly covered there and I don’t want to go off scope (studying on material which goes beyond the pure framework).

How did you prepare for those areas?

Best,

Maria

10:44 am July 26, 2019

I did not explicitly, but the general rule of thumb is that as a SM, you are a servant leader. You coach, and serve the team. Leading in this sence means trying to let the team inspect, adapt and improve themselves from within. It is not you telling them what to do, but you asking them the questions they need to figure this out themselves.

11:58 am July 26, 2019

Greatest read for "forecast a planning" is "Agile Estimating and Planning" from Mike Cohn.

Geoff Watts "Scrum Mastery" is very good also.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.