Skip to main content

Nexus Exam

Last post 02:48 pm December 2, 2019 by Curtis Slough
2 replies
06:10 pm November 27, 2019

Hey everyone,

If any of you are looking into Nexus and the SPS exam, I highly encourage it. It was a great add on from the PSM1 and really a good prep for my journey towards my PSM2. As far as tips, honestly just follow the reading materials on the page for the SPS exam. I looked at the exam created by one of our awesome PST's Simon Kneafsey and the Mlapshin practice exams but honestly neither really provided any info that was found on the exam that was not already covered on the SPS Open that's available here. 

Truly, read the Nexus guide multiple times, buy the Nexus Framework book, and look at the multiple White Page docs that talk about Scaling Scrum found on the link below. It was a challenging exam but if you study the correct info you should have no problem earning your SPS. All the info you need is right here:

https://www.scrum.org/resources/scaling-scrum

Good luck for those who choose to take this exam! 

04:18 am November 29, 2019

Congrats, Curtis. Were there similar to open assessment questions or not?

02:48 pm December 2, 2019

Yes, many of the questions on the Open Assessment were on the exam but truly, if you don't read the Nexus Guide and the study pages available on the link I posted above, I believe it would be very challenging to pass the exam. Basically, don't think you're ready for the exam primarily based on passing the Open Assessment several times at 100%.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.