Skip to main content

Testing and Automation tools

Last post 08:03 pm May 17, 2021 by Athira Gopakumar
5 replies
11:17 am December 23, 2019

I am using DevOps services for my business and facing some technical issues in its operations. I wanted to know if there are any specific tools that can help me with testing and automation of my operations and projects for various purposes. Looking for some trustworthy tools and replies.

Thank you

10:49 pm December 23, 2019

I think this will be dependent on the project or platforms of your project. Are your projects on web? Is it Java? Is it C++? 

02:36 am December 25, 2019

Are you looking for an automation tool? Selenium is used fairly widely.

05:23 am December 27, 2019

UI Automation - Sellenium

Centralize Testing Framework - Serenity

Acceptance Test Driven Framework - JBehave, Cucumber

Unit Testing - JUnit

09:09 am January 20, 2020

DevOps is not any technology or tool or a language but a culture which emphasize on using various tools, automation, close collaboration, synchronization so as to help the organization thus benefitting the complete software development to the deployment process. Here are DevOps tools that you can definitely use for your business and growth-

Jenkins

Jenkins is a DevOps automation tool for monitoring the execution of repeated tasks. It’s an open-source CI/CD server that allows you to automate the different stages of your delivery pipeline. The main reason for Jenkins’ popularity is its huge plugin ecosystem, so it integrates with almost all DevOps tools, from Docker to Puppet.

Splunk

It is a tool aims to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. It delivers operational intelligence to DevOps teams. It helps companies to be more productive, competitive, and secure.

Selenium: 

Selenium is an open-source, automated testing framework. Selenium is used majorly to automate the testing of web applications. We can define test in selenium which we want to test against our application. Selenium can repeatedly apply those test to our application without manual intervention and generate reports.

Ansible:

Ansible is an open-source application which is used for automated software provisioning, configuration management and application deployment. Ansible is the backbone of controlling an automated cluster environment consisting of many machines. Ansible works on a client-server model.

09:50 am May 17, 2021

I wouldn't recommend any particular tools. But as per my knowledge Selenium, Appium, Katalon Studio, SoapUI, and Eggplant Functional are some of the most commonly used tools.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.