Skip to main content

Agile Teams with continuous changing team members of operations

Last post 01:39 am March 30, 2020 by Patrick Hartl
2 replies
06:33 am March 28, 2020

I want to transform the current ITIL based team structure (with Plan, Build and Run focus) to an agile team organization. One key challenge is to make continuous shifts between Operation team and different build teams possible. 

Is such an organization possible at all? What could such an organization look like and how can such a change be organized? 

in facts: 50 employees

OP team has 25 employees. All other should be in 4 agile teams

thx

Patrick

08:36 pm March 28, 2020

I want to transform the current ITIL based team structure (with Plan, Build and Run focus) to an agile team organization.

Why? What problem is being faced, and why do you think an agile team organization might help solve it?

One key challenge is to make continuous shifts between Operation team and different build teams possible. 

What about the challenge of creating a cross-functional team that delivers release quality work?

Is such an organization possible at all? What could such an organization look like and how can such a change be organized? 

in facts: 50 employees
OP team has 25 employees. All other should be in 4 agile teams

Before you consider multiple teams, can you implement the Scrum framework successfully with just one?

06:35 am March 29, 2020

Hi Ian

Why to change to an agile organisation ?

I think I can reduce it to following points: crossfunkctional working; flexible to marketplace; Time2Market; transparency to project stati; Minimal Viable Product; broader knowledge transfer; 

What about the challenge of creating a cross-functional team that delivers release quality work?

All necessary functions are in the team. Cossfunctional is available; 

Before you consider multiple teams, can you implement the Scrum framework successfully with just one?

You mean, Scrum with 50 employees ? I thought, the teams should have the size between 5 and 9. How should a daily standup with 50 employees function ?

My big question is, how can I meaningfully involve the operation team. My vision is, that Operation employees work also as a team member to buid projects acquire know how. And vica versa. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.