Skip to main content

Optimization of employees during quarantine

Last post 04:41 am April 13, 2020 by Ian Mitchell
2 replies
03:44 pm April 12, 2020

I want to hear your opinion and advice.

I have a small IT app promotion company.

Now we are working remotely due to quarantine and this whole situation. We have not practiced this way of working and communicating with employees before. But for our company this is not a problem. But I want to know your tips and suggestions on how to optimize my work with scrum.org so that the performance of my company does not fall.

Thanks for the help!

11:36 pm April 12, 2020

My advice is don't.

You say that the current way of working isn't a problem, but that you have never practiced working fully remotely in ideal situations. But the current state for most people is far less than ideal. Not only are all of your coworkers working from home, but so are their roommates and spouses, and their children are likely out of school (including college-age children who may not normally be home). People are also likely spending abnormal amounts of time inside - they don't have access to their gyms and parks. Schedules are chaotic as people have to figure out how to take care of basic necessities.

Rather than making significant process changes, start with where you are now, identify problems, and make incremental changes. If you want to start somewhere, start with regular retrospectives and team health checks. Use these as a foundation for immediate changes to solve problems as well as longer-term organizational process improvement initiatives.

04:41 am April 13, 2020

But for our company this is not a problem

How do you know? How is their ability to collaborate and deliver product value under these conditions being evidenced?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.