Skip to main content

"Choose all that apply" : can only one answer be right?

Last post 09:59 pm May 29, 2020 by Daniel Wilhite
1 reply
10:35 am May 29, 2020

Hi, 

In the PSPO I,I struggled to choose an answer(s) on a question because of its formulation: 

..."(choose all that apply) :

multiple answer checkbox : A

multiple answer checkbox : B

multiple answer checkbox : C 

multiple answer checkbox : D

multiple answer checkbox : E"

Here, I understand it will have to choose more than one answer because of: 

- choose all that apply

- the multiple answer checkbox (when there is only one possible answer, there is another kind of checkbox).

BUT... the question was obviously concerning only one answer (there was kind of answer as "none of them / all of them").

In your experience, would you say this kind of formulation allows to choose only one answer?

If not, I am not sure I understand the accountability of a product owner regarding the release of an increment.

Thank you for you help.

09:59 pm May 29, 2020

Just because you can choose more than one does not mean you have to.  If you have 4 types of sliced cheese in your refrigerator does it mean you have to use all 4 when you make a sandwich? When you go to a car lot to look at a new car, do you have to buy one of every type on the lot in every color?  

The mechanism isn't the issue.  They are asking you to use your knowledge to select all that apply. If you feel only 1 is applicable, then choose that 1.  

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.