Skip to main content

Which job category is the best choice for scrum masters in Skilled Worker Immigration to australia?

Last post 12:12 pm September 27, 2020 by Gongyuan Chen
3 replies
09:42 am September 25, 2020

I want to start the assessment process for Skilled Worker in Australia. But I don't know which job category is the best choice for me.

Is there anyone that can help me in this regard?

I think the possible positions are:

135112 - ICT Project Manager:

Plans, organizes, directs, controls, and coordinates quality accredited ICT projects. Accountable for day-to-day operations of resourcing, scheduling, prioritization and task coordination, and meeting project milestones, objectives, and deliverables within agreed timeframes and budgets.

Description of Employment Duties:

• analyzing information needs and specifying technology to meet those needs
  • formulating and directing information and communication technology (ICT) strategies, policies, and plans
  • directing the selection and installation of ICT resources and the provision of user training
  • directing ICT operations and setting priorities between system developments, maintenance, and operations
  • overseeing the security of ICT systems

511112 - Program or Project Administrator: (Alternative Title: Project Coordinator)

plan and undertake administration of contracts, organisational programs, special projects and support services.

Description of Employment Duties:

• developing, reviewing and negotiating variations to contracts, programs, projects and services
  • responding to inquiries and resolving problems concerning contracts, programs, projects, services provided, and persons affected
  • managing paperwork associated with contracts, programs, projects and services provided
  • working with Project Managers, Architects, Engineering Professionals, owners and others to ensure that goals are met
  • advising senior management on matters requiring attention and implementing their decisions
  • overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
  • preparing and reviewing submissions and reports concerning the organisation’s activities
  • collecting and analysing data associated with projects undertaken, and reporting on project outcomes
  • reviewing and arranging new office accommodation

Thanks

11:55 pm September 25, 2020

Well, that is a more complex question. Before making any decision, check if you have the luxury to choose between some closely related professions and also check the related eligibility (your degree and experience), point testing (threshold) and queuing (chance for an invitation in the foreseeable future) consequences. Tiny differences can put you on utterly different paths.

05:54 pm September 26, 2020

I don't know about the process you're referring to but I can tell you that here in the US, every Scrum Master I've worked with was a former Project or Program Manager. In fact, many companies use the Scrum Master title to just hire a Project Manager on an "agile" team. Scrum Master roles typically ask for at least a decade of experience in the software space with managing priorities, people, and facilitation.

12:12 pm September 27, 2020

Depends on your context

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.