Verifying my user stories

Last post 08:31 pm January 15, 2021
by Ian Mitchell
1 reply
Author

Hi,

I have an assignment to write user stories for a technical requirement. password migration process for a new client. The DB has been migrated but not the passwords. I need to design a solution to seamlessly migrate passwords. I have written the following US. Could you please let me know if they are right?

1. US 1 - As a DB Admin I want to prepare the database So that the password migration can be initiated smoothly

2. US 2 - As a DB Admin I want to send the password reset email with the reset link to the customer so that the password migration process can be initiated

3. US 3 - As a DB Admin I want to send a reminder email to the customer So that the customer is informed once again

4. US 4 - As a DB Admin I want to hard reset the passwords so that the migration process can be completed successfully

5. US 5 - As a DB Admin I want to update the DB with the user’s action on the GUI so that the user can login seamlessly

Please let me know about your thoughts.

Regards,

K

08:31 pm January 15, 2021

Could you please let me know if they are right?

Would you say they meet the INVEST criteria?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/INVEST_(mnemonic)

Please let me know about your thoughts.

Why not ask the team for their thoughts during Product Backlog refinement? They are the ones who will be doing the work.