Skip to main content

Verifying my user stories

Last post 08:31 pm January 15, 2021 by Ian Mitchell
1 reply
12:15 am January 15, 2021

Hi,

I have an assignment to write user stories for a technical requirement. password migration process for a new client. The DB has been migrated but not the passwords. I need to design a solution to seamlessly migrate passwords. I have written the following US. Could you please let me know if they are right?

1. US 1 - As a DB Admin I want to prepare the database So that the password migration can be initiated smoothly

2. US 2 - As a DB Admin I want to send the password reset email with the reset link to the customer so that the password migration process can be initiated

3. US 3 - As a DB Admin I want to send a reminder email to the customer So that the customer is informed once again

4. US 4 - As a DB Admin I want to hard reset the passwords so that the migration process can be completed successfully

5. US 5 - As a DB Admin I want to update the DB with the user’s action on the GUI so that the user can login seamlessly

Please let me know about your thoughts.

Regards,

K

08:31 pm January 15, 2021

Could you please let me know if they are right?

Would you say they meet the INVEST criteria?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/INVEST_(mnemonic)

Please let me know about your thoughts.

Why not ask the team for their thoughts during Product Backlog refinement? They are the ones who will be doing the work.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.