Skip to main content

Regarding Scrum Open Assessments

Last post 05:17 pm April 1, 2021 by flavia ferlito
7 replies
08:07 am March 30, 2021

Hello Friends,

I have been trying to take up the Scrum Open Assessment from scrum.org, it is mentioned as follows - "The assessment consists of 30 questions randomly selected from a larger pool." however no matter how many times i retake the exam i get the same set of questions. Is there any other place when i can be challenged with random fresh set of questions? Thanks.

Note: i have already gone through - https://mlapshin.com/

09:59 pm March 30, 2021

I did all my prep by taking the free assessments here at scrum.org.  Using third party assessments can lead you down some strange paths as they are usually created by people trying to promote their product or services and can be tainted. 

What I found was that if took the free assessments on different days, you will get some different questions.  However, the majority of the questions will remain the same.  Do not expect to get a completely different set of questions each time you take an assessment. 

03:57 am March 31, 2021

If you take 2 weeks off, are you still getting 100%?

If you are. You may as well pay up and do it for real - you'll probably get the required score. It's the same certificate if you "just" pass vs get 100%.

"Perfect is the enemy of done," in this case done is what you should be looking for.

07:39 am March 31, 2021

"Perfect is the enemy of done," in this case done is what you should be looking for.

Nice quote; however, not fit for purpose if one is looking at becoming a PST, as you higher pass scores than just the minimum ones for certain exams.  :-)

08:55 am March 31, 2021

@scott would you still be knocking through the scrum open to prepare for a scrum trainer exam?

Honestly I thought they were only there to get people through the level 1 exams - which they have been great for, for me, for scrum master, product owner, and agile leader.

11:17 am March 31, 2021

@Garrie, I would not even class the open assessments as being there to make you ready for L1 exams, as their questions are much easier than the actual exam ones, plus I believe that the opens even say not to class them as making you ready, as they are just there to make you aware that you know the basics. 

This sites learning paths are a good free resource to prepare for any of the exams I have taken so far. 

02:17 pm March 31, 2021

as for me, open assessments are not quite what is required.

08:27 am April 1, 2021

hi,

I am preparing for the PSM I and they look simple to me.

what other free assessment can I use?

I did some tests with Udemy and I got good results (92%), do you think my preparation is enough to take the exam?

Thank you

Flavia

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.