Skip to main content

scrum and knowledge transfer

Last post 11:37 am April 15, 2021 by Tomasz Głowacki
2 replies
09:33 pm April 13, 2021

hi all,

one question came into my mind

is scrum famework effective in the knowledge transfer?

as it is a framework I didn't see any mention in scrum guide, should I consider it as incremental and iterative as well, based on scrum team self-managed behaviour?

Flavia

09:46 pm April 13, 2021

What do you mean by "effective in the knowledge transfer"? 

Remember that Scrum is a framework not a methodology or process.  I don't quite understand what you expect to find in the Scrum framework specifically to knowledge transfer. In my opinion, knowledge transfer is usually accomplished by some set of tasks which would make it procedural.

However, Scrum does advocate the transparency of information and continuous collaboration.  Both of those facilitate knowledge transfer.  So while is it not specifically mentioned, there are inferences to activities, events, and artifacts that lead to knowledge transfer.

11:37 am April 15, 2021

Scrum helps to build transparency among Scrum teams. Scrum builds teams, their knowledge, skills and ability to deliver working product increment end of the sprint. There is no anything specific in SG about the topic, but such a environment (transparency, focus on teams not individuals) is a great place to transfer the knowledge to the others. 

The knowledge transfers actually happens implicitly, during ceremonies, discussions, working on PBI items etc. - when new developer joins.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.