How much Agile mindset you have! Shows How much Active mindset you have!
I believe Agility is all about Activeness that means how Active an Organization is! The Management of the Organization is! The Team of the Organization is! And each member of the Team is! To Inspect, Accept & Adapt Change. In Fact, Agility is an epitome of Activeness to quickly Adapt inspected change. We should keep our vision (Product Goal) firm but should be always ready to march on an agile path (path to accomplish the Product Goal). Even our mindset should imbue as much agility as like running river water which deviates its path while clashing with stone but it keeps flowing rather than logging.
If an organization has a great Agile mindset that means the organization is very Active to Inspect & Adapt. The moment an Agile team Inspects, they adapt it in no time as like a pride of lions whenever it finds its prey, it patiently ambushes & at the appropriate time immediately attacks on the prey.
Inspect – By keeping an open Agile mind, an organization actively observes the changes in both its external environment as well as in its internal environment. The external environment changes could be customer requirement changes, technology changes, upsurge in competition, decline in NPS – usage index & market share while the internal environment changes could be need to refine, redefine, rearrange & realign PBIs towards the Product Goal, need to refine & streamline Sprint Backlog towards the Sprint Goal, frequency of CI & CD and so on.
Accept – Accepting that the changes which are happening around us may influence us sooner or later so an Agile organization actively accepts the need for the change to survive & thrive in the competitive market and therefore empowers the team to do all possible adjustments to immediately sync with the change either in the external environment or in the internal environment.
Adapt – The interesting part is that external & internal environment changes are intertwined hence if any external environment changes are inspected, an agile organization should both accept & adjust the internal environment asap to adapt according to changes.
Followed by accepting the need for Change, each layer of the organization actively adapts & realigns its Shared values, Strategy, System, Structure, Style, Staff & Skill i.e. (McKinsey 7’ S Framework) to deliver the Valuable Increment as per the changed environment.
Finally, Transparency is required for truly Inspecting the change, Accepting the need to adjust against the change & Adapting according to the change. Over and above transparency is much needed in the flow of consistent communication at all layers of organisation about what have we inspected, accepted and adapted! Transparency can be established in an organization in the following ways
- Engaging with the Stakeholder to get the right customer data in order to reach to the right set of end users
- Observing & engaging with the end users to understand their core problem
- Observing the competitors & the potential of the market
- Transparently sharing the data of customer problem & requirements with the team
- Transparent discussion about the possible divergent dimensions of the problems & solutions
- Transparent discussion about converging and filtering the final dimension of problem & solution
- Transparent discussion about how to convert the selected solution into Value to solve the problem
- Transparent creation & understanding of Scrum Artifacts, Product Goal, Sprint Goal, AC’s, DOD, roles & events
- Transparent collaboration among the team by living the Scrum Values
- Transparent accountability taken up by the Scrum team to turn the ideas into Value
- Transparency in feedback taking process from Stakeholders at Scrum Review & from the team at Scrum Retrospective
- Transparent introspection by the Scrum Team for further improvement in Quality & Effectiveness at the end of each Sprint