Skip to main content

Forum improvement request

Last post 09:35 pm August 5, 2021 by Daniel Wilhite
3 replies
09:22 pm August 4, 2021

I don't know any other way to do this so I'll follow others leads and post it. 

I would really like to have the ability to edit/update a post I have made.  I don't know about others but there have been many times that I will go back and reread a post I recently made to see a typo or omission of a valuable word but have no way to correct it other than making an additional post.  Edit capability would be nice.  To be clear I am only asking for edit, not copy, delete or any other capabilities.  

03:01 pm August 5, 2021

This has been requested many times before, along with a myriad of other proposed improvements. 

09:27 pm August 5, 2021

I have a question in return. Once you update or edit a post that you made, how does that impact those who commented/change history?  For example, you ask a question and people respond and then you change the question, others look like they are not correct, answering something incorrectly or could even look foolish. 

How do you propose such issues being handled?

For typos, etc. you can contact support@scrum.org to help you.

09:35 pm August 5, 2021

Fair point.  Maybe put a time limit on when you can update?  Or make it clear that the post has been edited, possibly by showing the edits inline.  That way anyone would know whether I corrected a typo, added a missing word, or drastically changed my post. 

This is a situation that any forum of this kind has to face.  I realize there is no great answer to the question. It was, just like anything else I have ever posted here, my opinion.  

Thanks for taking the time to state what you did. It does lend perspective to how scrum.org views these posts.  And adds confidence in the moderation to be fair. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.