Skip to main content

developing the product backlog for a project that has many orders

Last post 03:50 pm September 9, 2021 by Ripple Man
4 replies
09:41 pm September 8, 2021

Good morning People

Suppose that we have a project that have some parts:

1-Designing a new template for the web portal

2-Gathering & analysis the requirements of an electronic system then producing BRD & SRS then developing the system

3-Offering some HP Servers

4-Data migration

5-tarining the users

now my questions is:

How can I make the product backlog?

should it contain all the 5 orders up?

can I deal with the 5 orders up as a Single product?

Thanks

10:22 pm September 8, 2021

What would the Product Goal be? If there's enough complexity to justify using Scrum, expect the Product Backlog to be emergent as the team Sprints towards it.

11:12 pm September 8, 2021

+ 1 for starting with a Product Goal.

After the Product Goal I would also look into Story Mapping (by Jeff Patton). You can google it and learn how to do it.

11:17 pm September 8, 2021

the (project) as all has many outputs: 

1-License for Api management

2-analysis and developing an electronic system

3-Integation with some systems

4-supply some servers

some of those outputs Doesn't depend on any other output, but they are considered as output of the project

How can I arrange Product roadmap, release plan and backlog?

11:32 pm September 8, 2021

thanks for care

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.