Skip to main content

solution choose project

Last post 12:13 pm November 20, 2021 by Mario De Caerlé
2 replies
05:38 am November 19, 2021

Hi

After my scrum certification, I had a chance to be selected as the team lead of a small project in my company. The goals is to made a choice on the new SAP the company will use. We are a team of 6 persons with cross skills. 

But I don't know how to handle that. The most example that I saw was how to do that for IT project. But in this case, we don't even have to write a line of code, even if IT skills are required. What is the possible deliverable for this project ? Any advices on how to handle the teams ?

Thanks.

04:48 am November 20, 2021

Use your favourite search engine to find results on product comparison matrix.  :-)

12:13 pm November 20, 2021

You don't need software as product. There is a Scrum Team developing yoghurt. Their deliverables are yoghurt, a marketing plan, branding, market studies, ...

So, look at what your Product Backlog Items are, and see how your customer/user uses them. Then you'll know what the "deliverable product" is.

In this case, I imagine it's "screens", "pages" or "forms". And while those can maybe not be packaged in a zip file or checked in into source control, you will "hand them over" at a certain time. And not all PBI's need to be the same type.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.