Skip to main content

Personal opinion of Scrum.org

Last post 08:08 am August 12, 2013 by Joe Pelosi
1 reply
11:21 am August 8, 2013

Having sat the PSM1 course and performed the short, free assessment numerous times with great success, I was feeling confident about sitting the PSM1 exam. I sat it and failed it with a score of 81% (pass mark 85% required). A bit frustrated but fair enough. When I emailed Scrum.org to ask for my answers so I could review and learn from what I did wrong I was told that it was their policy NOT to provide answers to questions. Very strange. How is it that one is supposed to learn from their mistakes if not shown where one went wrong? I have sat more exams and assessments in my life than I care to remember and I have never, ever known an assessment centre not let you see your results! Scrum.org did however provide me with apparent "areas" in which I should revise but these essentially mean nothing helpful whatsoever. At the end of the day, you never get to know which questions you got right and which questions you got wrong. I have since re-sat the exam and passed but I certainly would NOT recommend Scrum.org as a centre for learning or discussion.

04:18 pm August 9, 2013

Hello RMDonovan and thanks again for your feedback. We do not give out exact assessment questions and answers to protect the integrity of our test. The unfortunate reality is that some folks do and will post our info on different websites - that is why we manually go through and provide areas for our students to improve. We see that you have since retaken the PSM I assessment and passed. Congratulations!

Joe (Scrum.org)

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.