Skip to main content

Is there a way to get lead time for the stories in Jira

Last post 06:50 pm January 13, 2022 by Ian Mitchell
3 replies
06:25 am January 8, 2022

Hello,

I am trying to extract a report from Jira to understand how long it took the developers to complete development of the stories from the beginning of the project. I tried to run a couple of queries but no luck.  I’m specifically looking for the following information:

- Story_No

- Dev_Name 

- Time_IN_Days_Dev

Any help would be greatly appreciated  

Thanks for your help in advance!

07:38 am January 13, 2022

Do you report hours per ticket? Does your developer always spend the exact same number of hours per day on a story? To me it can differ a lot depending on if there are meetings, they help someone else or the person might need to quit early and similar. We time report hours in Tempo so I can go to Tempo to see how many hours that are spent on a particular story for each developer. There I can of course also see which days and how many hours per day each developer has used. I don't think Jira has support to do the same using a query. I believe I used a query to get the hours out and then needed to export it to excel to get the total number of hours spent. I suppose if you can do it that way you can use the number of hours and see how many days that will end up as.

05:33 pm January 13, 2022

06:50 pm January 13, 2022

I am trying to extract a report from Jira to understand how long it took the developers to complete development of the stories from the beginning of the project. I tried to run a couple of queries but no luck.  I’m specifically looking for the following information:

- Story_No
- Dev_Name 

- Time_IN_Days_Dev

Who would use a report with this data and why would it be useful to them? What would it evidence, and thereby potentially improve?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.