Is there a way to get lead time for the stories in Jira

Last post 06:50 pm January 13, 2022
by Ian Mitchell
3 replies
Author

Hello,

I am trying to extract a report from Jira to understand how long it took the developers to complete development of the stories from the beginning of the project. I tried to run a couple of queries but no luck.  I’m specifically looking for the following information:

- Story_No
- Dev_Name 

- Time_IN_Days_Dev

Any help would be greatly appreciated  

Thanks for your help in advance!

07:38 am January 13, 2022

Do you report hours per ticket? Does your developer always spend the exact same number of hours per day on a story? To me it can differ a lot depending on if there are meetings, they help someone else or the person might need to quit early and similar. We time report hours in Tempo so I can go to Tempo to see how many hours that are spent on a particular story for each developer. There I can of course also see which days and how many hours per day each developer has used. I don't think Jira has support to do the same using a query. I believe I used a query to get the hours out and then needed to export it to excel to get the total number of hours spent. I suppose if you can do it that way you can use the number of hours and see how many days that will end up as.

05:33 pm January 13, 2022
06:50 pm January 13, 2022

I am trying to extract a report from Jira to understand how long it took the developers to complete development of the stories from the beginning of the project. I tried to run a couple of queries but no luck.  I’m specifically looking for the following information:

- Story_No
- Dev_Name 

- Time_IN_Days_Dev

Who would use a report with this data and why would it be useful to them? What would it evidence, and thereby potentially improve?