Skip to main content

Which Agile Methodology

Last post 06:53 pm January 18, 2022 by Ian Mitchell
4 replies
02:44 pm January 17, 2022

Hi All, its my first time posting here !

'whatever agile method we decide to work with going forward ' this was the comment /question put out to the team by management recently .I have been researching the various types of agile methodologies out there but would appreciate your comments on how your team, organisation determined which one made sense for your team and the work that needed to get done. 

Thanks in advance for some input 

08:02 am January 18, 2022

Firstly, Scrum is not a methodology, its a framework.  Secondly, the agile team should be empowered to decide which agile implementation to utilise and then adapt it to their teams process but also ensuring that they stay within the provided guardrails in order to ensure that they are implementing it correctly. 

10:11 am January 18, 2022

Thanks for this input Scott . Whole heartedly agree the team should be empowered to decide which agile, right now though as part of that process I am researching other frameworks . I am keen to see what other frameworks are out there , I came across Crystal the other day, I had never heard about it !

11:06 am January 18, 2022

It is something that depends on severals factors for example: the context, the reference sector ect.

like saying,  for dinner I have the knife, fork or spoon to use for eating. Can you tell me,  what I should use? it all depends on the food you have on the table .

You have to start with why .

Why you want to use agile methodology and for this I suggest you first start with the 5 why method.

You can use this board to work together:

https://miro.com/templates/5-whys/

06:53 pm January 18, 2022

would appreciate your comments on how your team, organisation determined which one made sense for your team and the work that needed to get done. 

My advice is to set the bar higher than that. Scrum, for example, is about establishing empiricism under complex conditions. This can challenge people's very understanding about what is sensible and about what done really means.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.